HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
McDonagh traded back to Tampa

I mean it's a good pickup by TB. They actually have the cap space to do this. Their D is awful behind Hedman for the most part. With McDonagh they can go back to a top 4 of Hedman, Cernak, Sergachev & McDonagh again, which won them 2 cups.

But, now they only have $5m to resign Stamkos & one more forward. They have 6D signed now, & 2G, but only 10 forwards. Do they move someone else (Sheary maybe). Interesting.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I mean it's a good pickup by TB. They actually have the cap space to do this. Their D is awful behind Hedman for the most part. With McDonagh they can go back to a top 4 of Hedman, Cernak, Sergachev & McDonagh again, which won them 2 cups.

But, now they only have $5m to resign Stamkos & one more forward. They have 6D signed now, & 2G, but only 10 forwards. Do they move someone else (Sheary maybe). Interesting.
I like how BriseBois didn’t wait to make his move. He knew what he wanted and went for it. Good deals can happen anytime.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
man MB really screwed that draft up
He screwed up a lot of drafts.
How many drafts did he screw up?

E2GMokMXMAIhGgh.jpg

Eq05DM0UwAAekN9.jpg

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I remember when we were all saying how ridiculously good the top defensemen were in that draft and that it seemed too good to be true.

Dahlin-Bouchard
Hughes-Dobson
Smith-Boqvist

You got 4 Norris caliber defensemen even if the 3rd pairing sucks.
A very D rich draft like the 2024 one.
Amongst other things.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
That's the difference between KK and AG. AG was a bad draft. There's like only four players worthwhile drafted behind him in the first round. And only one of them could be considered elite (Forsberg). In a redraft AG would likely still go top 15ish. AG is still to this day 6th best scorer of his draft.

There's already 4 players drafted behind JK in the first round who are clearly better. One of them is clearly elite (QH). One of them has special intangibles (BT). And Bouchard is slowly getting very very good he's been impressive those playoffs.

And there's a good chance 2 or 3 others who started their career later will join the club as clearly better than JK in a couple of years. JK is 9th best scorer of his draft despite having played the 4th most games. He'll likely fall outside of the top 20 in a redraft unless he wake up. It was a much better draft year than AG.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I wonder if they move one of Cirelli, or Cernak now? Or try to. They have no room to sign Stamkos.
I don't think JB will trade any defenceman, he said in the exit interview that he would like to upgrade the defence for next season and trading Cernak would be stupid since he's younger and better then McDonagh.

Cirelli? Maybe.... he's overpaid at 6.25M tho, he's a 40 pts player playing with guys like Stamkos and Hagel, honestly he belong on the 3rd line.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don't think JB will trade any defenceman, he said in the exit interview that he would like to upgrade the defence for next season and trading Cernak would be stupid since he's younger and better then McDonagh.

Cirelli? Maybe.... he's overpaid at 6.25M tho, he's a 40 pts player playing with guys like Stamkos and Hagel, honestly he belong on the 3rd line.
HuGo should be all over that if he’s available - would solidify 3C and step change improvement in PK

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
They have little choice with bare cupboards prospect wise.
Yeah but if they were proactive, they could sell high on guys with miles left, clear some cap and gain assets that they'll surely develop into players we hate playing against haha. I think the TB owners don't want to see the team dip and lose $$$ in the short term. I think it makes sense business wise, but not hockey wise.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
WTF is she talking about? I wear flip-flop all the time. As long as you don't wear white socks in them it's fine.
Most of men’s feet are an abomination and an eyesore but I digress.

The whole purpose of that tweet was to introduce the Breadman’s footwear.

• Haha
Reactions: HuGo Sham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad