Who wins?

• Total voters

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
"Man...this team sucks.

I have no faith. No Gretz, Fuhr or Moog? Just some joker Ranford who at 23 can barely drive himself to the Arena?

Huddy is supposed to be our defensive leader...he's -13 for God's sake! This team is nowhere close to what we were in '88-curse of Gretz trade. The fourth line can't even shave or have a drink in the USA. Kid line? More like Baby line, amiright?

When "I'ma Speakkanen" is our 4th leading point producer...frick, just give the series to the Jets now. Messier has proven he can't do anything without Gretz...I don't know why we haven't traded him and Your-a Curry yet.

We will never compete again...but I'm a diehard fan so heading to Club Malibu with Dr. Vickers to have some upside down Margaritta's and forget this team exists..."

Sorry, found the write-up's from older family members of certain negative posters. These were from "Strong Wind - Dusting" in the "letters to the editor" section of the Edmonton Journal prior to the 1990 playoffs...

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
VanChoker.

They are going to have a similar relapse that Calgary and Seattle have been seeing. Just not much of a club and hard to imagine there won't be mroe conflicts there and more wanting out. They shouldn't have got out of the first round. They played poorly throughout playoffs. Were outplayed in 80% of their games. So much so that their fans just started thinking this is how you win. For sure the team thought it.
How long before Hughes is gone? Or Miller?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No kidding, the Pacific isn’t some horses ass division and the Oilers are not a 2006 wildcard/8 seeded team who’s caught lightning in a bottle at the right time. Since the coaching change, they had what, .720 win percentage or something like that?

As I’ve said before, Knoblauch has an amazing mind for the game and can see things and adapt the team to it. I don’t expect anything less this series and the team will be ready to go.
I completely agree with the bolded which is why it was a bit disturbing to see how many posters in here turned on Knoblauch after game 5.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
For me Carrick played solid the last two games and he gives the 4th line some much needed sandpaper.
Tough to argue your point about Ryan. He has been excellent but he is 37 years old and prone to getting worn down.
Agreed he needs to be in the lineup

Reactions: guymez

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
I completely agree with the bolded which is why it was a bit disturbing to see how many posters on here turned on Knoblauch after game 5.
Yeah the Oilers defensive play and shot blocking was great in game 7 despite a slight glitch in the 3rd.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yeah the Oilers defensive play and shot blocking was great in game 7 despite a slight glitch in the 3rd.
100%
Momentum is so interesting in hockey. It can switch on a dime and before you know it the game is lost.
After giving up 2 goals the Oilers did a great job of gathering themsleves after the time out.
Even though the Canucks dominated possession in the last 4 minutes the Oilers didnt give up much of anything.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Time to play Lavoie
giphy.gif

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
People are making excuses for 97 … how do I know he is sick? He was yelling this losing his voice no indication he is sick
He has strep throat have you ever played hockey he was out of breath 30 seconds into each shift you could see him on the bench gasping , it's been running thru the team

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He has strep throat have you ever played hockey he was out of breath 30 seconds into each shift you could see him on the bench gasping , it's been running thru the team
Where did you hear that McDavid has strep throat?
His voice sounded normal in the post game dressing room interview.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Where did you hear that McDavid has strep throat?
His voice sounded normal in the post game dressing room interview.
Gazzola was reportedly saying this and right after the game in CBC interview his voice was cracking up and he winched clearing his throat

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
The Canucks play a certain type of stingy defensive system that gives us fits. That IMO is why we had such a tough series against them. Also Van had a goaltender standing on his head, they also seemed to have an abnormal amount of lucky bounces go their way.

The Stars IMO are not nearly as good as last years Knights, or the prior years Av. This is the easiest path to the final Mcdrai has had. I think we beat the Stars, maybe even a little easier than the Nucks.

Im truly worried about the two teams in the East though. If I had to pick now honestly and unbiased they have been the two best teams in hockey this year, they are the two best teams remaining and one of them would win the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad