Pre-Game Talk: Party like it’s 1997 - Edmonton vs Dallas

Who wins?

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is a play that virtually every player in the league makes without needing mention. The fact that you’ve counted him doing it 5 times is hilarious. That you needed to post this should tell you something about this player.
He's no Mark Messier. heh. But quiet contributions of defensive players are often ignored. That he made a missplay doesn't change that. Offensively sometimes it just doesn't go. Connor Brown has made one good play to a scoring area and it ended up in a goal. he and Perry have been generating less chances than somebody like Mcleod.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The Oilers might be in tough 1st couple of games but I see McDavid and Drai taking over this series in games 3/4/5 Skinner needs to step up we won't keep the Stars under 20 shots a game . Hopefully Ekholms bug that went thru the team is near it's end

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Staples trying to stay relevant what is Tanev supposed to say I wanted to go to The Oilers but the Flames refused lol nothing burger article , and we owned Tanev in the Flames series

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
that's a total lie. Tanev had no NTC. Calgary didn't want to trade Tanev to a division rival, and they also didn't want to take Ceci back. We had no cap space. That's how it had to go.
uh, Tanev absolutely had a NTC.
1716341031502.png

The Oilers might be in tough 1st couple of games but I see McDavid and Drai taking over this series in games 3/4/5 Skinner needs to step up we won't keep the Stars under 20 shots a game . Hopefully Ekholms bug that went thru the team is near it's end
I don’t see our top guys scoring being a problem as long as McDavids no longer sick. I think the big issue is preventing goals. Skinner can’t play his sub 900 self if we expect to win. He is going to need to be lights out almost every night and that’s going to be a huge ask.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
He's no Mark Messier. heh. But quiet contributions of defensive players are often ignored. That he made a missplay doesn't change that. Offensively sometimes it just doesn't go. Connor Brown has made one good play to a scoring area and it ended up in a goal. he and Perry have been generating less chances than somebody like Mcleod.
You mean like 20 games it doesn’t go? Not defending Brown but he’s barely played and Perry is a fossil. McLeod is in his er prime lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You mean like 20 games it doesn’t go? Not defending Brown but he’s barely played and Perry is a fossil. McLeod is in his er prime lol
Mcleod in bottomsix just put up a 30pt season. Brown in topsix wouldn't put up that and he's only 30.

Brown played tons this season and was in lineup most of playoffs. If Brown doesn't get toi its because he's been totally useless his whole time here.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I feel like it would be more beneficial to go straight to Dallas. It avoids excessive travel and any sick players can spend the next two days recovering.
I heard McDavid had to go home to clean his gutters first.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Mcleod in bottomsix just put up a 30pt season. Brown in topsix wouldn't put up that and he's only 30.

Brown played tons this season and was in lineup most of playoffs. If Brown doesn't get toi its because he's been totally useless his whole time here.

The funny part about Brown is look what Dallas does they get a guy like Duchesne at 3 million.

Pro scouts do actually matter.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018

Playoffs, 20 games, McLeod Zero goals. Regular season he got most of those points in top 6.
Who cares about Brown

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Uhhh McLeod didn’t put up 30pt in the bottom 6. He put up 14 points when he was in the bottom 6 and 16 points in the top 6.

If you want to leave him in the lineup that’s fine. But he absolutely should not be playing as center cause he’s really not good there. I mean he can almost break even but he still gives up more than he gains playing him. As a center he is a net negative.

Reactions: Messrules11

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Playoffs, 20 games, McLeod Zero goals. Regular season he got most of those points in top 6.
Who cares about Brown

McLeod’s only saving grace is the fact that he is part of the PK. If he wasn’t on our PK he would be in the press box as he doesn’t piss a drop offensively in the postseason. He’s also allergic to contact which doesn’t help.

• Love
Reactions: Messrules11

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
f*** Tanev. Were gonna send him to his natural habitat, the IR. Lil Bro Flames were never going to trade him to us anyways.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
McLeod’s only saving grace is the fact that he is part of the PK. If he wasn’t on our PK he would be in the press box as he doesn’t piss a drop offensively in the postseason. He’s also allergic to contact which doesn’t help.
I’d like to see how he plays on the wing with Henrique before I completely write him off, cause he plays much better on the wing cause he has so many less rresponsibilities.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I’d like to see how he plays on the wing with Henrique before I completely write him off, cause he plays much better on the wing cause he has so many less rresponsibilities.

McLeod should definitely be on the wing. A lineup such as this might make some sense if Henrique can draw in game 1:

RNH/McDavid/Hyman
Kane/Draisaitl/Holloway
McLeod/Henrique/Foegele
Janmark/Carrick/Brown

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
uh, Tanev absolutely had a NTC.
View attachment 874097

I don’t see our top guys scoring being a problem as long as McDavids no longer sick. I think the big issue is preventing goals. Skinner can’t play his sub 900 self if we expect to win. He is going to need to be lights out almost every night and that’s going to be a huge ask.
Sorry about that. The NTC just didn't show up on the main page of the Stars on Capfriendly, only after you clicked on Tanev himself. I guess they didn't feel the need to keep that tag on it. Still, I do wonder what the source is that this was a NTC issue. I always heard that the issue was what we insisted Calgary take. I don't see why he would put us on a NTC list as we are a premier team with an obvious spot for him to slide into.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Uhhh McLeod didn’t put up 30pt in the bottom 6. He put up 14 points when he was in the bottom 6 and 16 points in the top 6.

If you want to leave him in the lineup that’s fine. But he absolutely should not be playing as center cause he’s really not good there. I mean he can almost break even but he still gives up more than he gains playing him. As a center he is a net negative.
This ignores that he WAS in bottomsix the vast majority of the season. he put up those 16 pts in topsix among about 25games in topsix. Which you and others are entirely ignoring. MEANING that the player was productive any chance he was in topsix.

If McLeod was in topsix all the time he'd be a lock for 41pts, the most a player like Yams ever got in a season. He probably gets more than that.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad