GDT: Pens Playoff Push: Hold on to your butts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
It's better we're playing a few teams basically locked in. Would be crazy if the pens actually pulled this off.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
The first tiebreaker is regulation wins.

The Penguins have 30 regulation wins. The Flyers and Capitals have 28. The Wings have 26. The Islanders have 25.

Only the Devils and Sabres have more at 31 apiece.

Somehow the Penguins' ineptitude in OT and the shootout is now playing to their advantage, because they own the tiebreaker.

The part of me that abhors illogical thinking (that’d be 99%) is thinking of polite ways to tear into this…. Just no.

But about those results, couldn’t have panned out better. Thanks Jake!

Reactions: mrzeigler

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Remember last season when the Pens controlled their own destiny? I do lol…I’m waiting until they actually do it lol
and if they do, you will wail about the impossible odds stacked against us in the first round, right? ;)

I think it’s good for the Penguins. They’ll likely play motivated. And the playoff teams are more likely to not give a shit.
Agreed. It is funny to me how many longtime posters still don't get the Penguin way. We suck against shit teams. It's been that way for years. (CBJs excepted, of course).

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
That is not how that works.
It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to them doing this the hard way.

Hell, if they won in OT and shootouts, they'd already be in a playoff spot.

The part of me that abhors illogical thinking (that’d be 99%) is thinking of polite ways to tear into this…. Just no.

But about those results, couldn’t have panned out better. Thanks Jake!
It was a tongue-in-cheek reference that didn't land.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Setting up beautifully for the Penguins to once again trip over their own f***ing feet. Unless if it happens this year, there truly were no expectations.

Would be nice to actually go into a playoff series with no true positive outlook and just expect the worst and hope for the best.

This team may surprise in that position. Orrrrrrrr they get demolished. Either one, I'm here for.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
They couldn't have asked for better results tonight. They have to play just as they have been against Tampa - strong defensively and getting to the net offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad