Confirmed with Link: Pettersson Signs 8 Year Deal with the Vancouver Canucks, AAV $11.6M

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I think he laid it out tn. I ain't gonna say he didn't try here. Just wasnt in the cards. Gg ep, get some core strength built for next year, you'd win so much more battles

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
His shot clocked at 88 -102 miles. You think a guy that doesn’t workout can puts up the same shot as Shea weber?
Are you ever going to hold this guy accountable for literally anything?

The last time my thighs were smaller than my biceps, I was 12 years old. A professional hockey player shouldn't look like an emaciated hipster. The guy just hasn't been putting in the work and it shows.

mrdomino

Oct 13, 2020
Since signing an eight-year, $92.8 million contract ($11.6m AAV) on March 3rd, 2024 - Elias Pettersson has played 33 games - 13 playoffs, 20 regular season. In that timeframe, he has gotten 20 points. That is equivalent to a 49 point pace in an 82 game season.

6 goals (1 empty net)
7 primary assists
7 secondary assists

If we look only at his post-season performance, he had in 13 games:

1 goal
1 primary assist
4 secondary assists

• Wow
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria

The last time my thighs were smaller than my biceps, I was 12 years old. A professional hockey player shouldn't look like an emaciated hipster. The guy just hasn't been putting in the work and it shows.
Pushing his scooter is a workout, sort of.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

wtf you going on? Just look at the highlights of him earlier this year, he improved his strength to the point he was holding guys off doing wrap arounds and he was noticeable stronger than prior years.

Once again another armchair trainer thinking they work harder than NHL players.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
He probably could have had a handful of more assists over the 2 rounds if his teammates had some finish.

But even if you add those, his numbers still wouldn't look that great.

Even in the games he played "well" he looked nothing like a star player or even a 1st liner. And in most games he was a complete non-factor.

Not even in the same stratosphere right now of guys that are making big boy money which he will earn starting next season. Those guys look dangerous every time they step on the ice, like we just saw with McDavid and Draisaitl.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I think it's a mental type deal. The environment changed big time this year. A good change in culture for the team obviously but... i unno, i don't want to hurl speculation and ideas like they're worth anything but I think he's still adapting to a new regime and Rick Tochett's demands as a coach.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
I understand his linemates were shit but he didn’t help.

Terrible for almost half the season.

He wanted the team to be better.

They are.

He wanted the big contract.

He got it.

Now he needs to step up.

Or this team never goes as far as it could.

This. Everything else is fluff. IF YOU DEMAND THE "BIG" CONTRACT AND YOU DON'T ACCEPT A HOMETOWN DISCOUNT THEN YOU BETTER STEP UP. PERIOD.

He put this pressure on himself and he is the 5th highest paid player in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad