Post-Game Talk: PGT: Habs win and yes I did it early because.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I thought they fought their way through a chippy game and didn’t get intimidated myself.

They did. Montreal was game for the rough and tumble. Ekblad didn't come back. Gallagher went barrelling in to avenge Evans. Slafkovsky was doing heavy battling all night. And when Florida thought they were going to raise the physical game, Slafkovsky & Xhekaj double barreled that guy. Xhekaj than made another big hit and Florida settled down until Cousins made his dirty play.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I thought they fought their way through a chippy game and didn’t get intimidated myself.
I don't think I can agree - they battled but they didn't initiate or respond to anything. You can't let them take runs at your best players (Slafvosky x2) and do nothing about it. Respond. Do that back to their stars. The late hit of Evans, Xhekaj was there and did nothing. Anderson too. Gallagher tried at least bit he's not that guy. What the hell? That is why you have guys like Xhekaj!

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Tij... All aboard the Tij train!

Tij tij tij Tij tij tij .. :D
Iginla and Koivu in the 3rd round!

They did. Montreal was game for the rough and tumble. Ekblad didn't come back. Gallagher went barrelling in to avenge Evans. Slafkovsky was doing heavy battling all night. And when Florida thought they were going to raise the physical game, Slafkovsky & Xhekaj double barreled that guy. Xhekaj than made another big hit and Florida settled down until Cousins made his dirty play.
Cousins should have eaten Xhelaj fists. It's late in a worthless game, with a three goal lead

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Fun, had a bit of everything tonight. The goal-no-goal call was epic.
It was a whole song and dance number.

LYXFRKW.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Iginla and Koivu in the 3rd round!

Cousins should have eaten Xhelaj fists. It's late in a worthless game, with a three goal lead

Evans was taking care of it. Xhekaj doesn't always need to be involved. It's a team effort. The whole squad jumped in. That's what you want not one guy going around trying to bully people. Xhekaj stepped in and made sure Bennett wasn't going to do shit. Bennett took one look at X and went all peaceful. In this case, Xhekaj held the peace while Evans & Gallagher took on guys that were more to their size.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
It's not worthless to the Habs players and the coaching staff though. I like frontier justice as much as the next hockey fan, but I don't think they are going to do anything too hot headed that could put them in a position to blow the game. Arber Xhekaj is there for so much more too, there was a reason they sent him to the minors, they dont want him to be just some dummy face puncher taking bad penalties. He'll use that skill at the right moments, I just don't think tonight was one, they wanted to win, it feels good for them.

I know you miss the good ole days and love tough hockey, I do too, but I just didn't see advocating for Arber to do that as being necessary. Evans also stood up for himself pretty well. It's not like Cousins is overtly large or anything.

Anyway, just my opinion, I know you don't see it the same as me, but that is part of what can make this site fun. :cheers:

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
It's not worthless to the Habs players and the coaching staff though. I like frontier justice as much as the next hockey fan, but I don't think they are going to do anything too hot headed that could put them in a position to blow the game. Arber Xhekaj is there for so much more too, there was a reason they sent him to the minors, they dont want him to be just some dummy face puncher taking bad penalties. He'll use that skill at the right moments, I just don't think tonight was one, they wanted to win, it feels good for them.

I know you miss the good ole days and love tough hockey, I do too, but I just didn't see advocating for Arber to do that as being necessary. Evans also stood up for himself pretty well. It's not like Cousins is overtly large or anything.

Anyway, just my opinion, I know you don't see it the same as me, but that is part of what can make this site fun. :cheers:
You're right ...I really do miss it. Lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad