Proposal: PHI-CAR

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Flyers should add Necas to TK. Not trade them for one another. Not to mention TK was the source of offense on the Flyers and a major SH player.

Pass.
Getting back to the topic at hand, if you want to add Marty to TK rather than swap them, what do you propose to send to Carolina for Necas?

We're probably looking for "nows" not " futures" but not to get older or at-least much older in the deal?

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
It's not that I don't agree with what you're saying in the abstract. But we already have to deal with three more years of Risto and the dicey contracts of Sanheim and Couturier. Potentially adding another one is very risky.

But the other part of this is they also need to add players with star level potential that can grow with Michkov. And since they refuse to tank to get them, trading TK for a relatively high pick/prospect provides another shot at that.

Just not a lot of great options since Fletcher backed this team so far into a corner.

Well, I disagree wholeheartedly about Sanheim. I think that’s going to be a great contract. I think Sanheim looked fantastic this past year.

Risto is god awful and I feel if Couturier didn’t get overused by Torts early in the year. He would have been much better off down the line.

They’re never going to tank and they’re not going to trade pieces for Pennies.

Fletcher is and was the gift that keeps on giving with some of these moves.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Well tell me who comprises half the roster that shouldn't be on the roster or in the NHL?

Staal and ND

Staal.
Risto.
Seeler.
Johnson.

Nic.
Guri.
Atkinson.
Cates.
Johansen.

That’s also not considering the overpayment contract style of Laughton, Poehling and overplaying them in terms of ice time.

And we also don’t have a NHL goalie on the roster.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Getting back to the topic at hand, if you want to add Marty to TK rather than swap them, what do you propose to send to Carolina for Necas?

We're probably looking for "nows" not " futures" but not to get older or at-least much older in the deal?

I think Carolina and Philadelphia are god awful trade partners for the reason the Hurricanes are looking to win.

I’d venture to say the pieces that are on the table aren’t attractive.

Reactions: Tryamw

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Staal.
Risto.
Seeler.
Johnson.

Nic.
Guri.
Atkinson.
Cates.
Johansen.

That’s also not considering the overpayment contract style of Laughton, Poehling and overplaying them in terms of ice time.

And we also don’t have a NHL goalie on the roster.
You are off base. Risto, Seeler, Cates, and Ryjo are all NHL level players. All 4 will be on a NHL roster next season playing if healthy. Cam will be as well imo as no issue letting him come to camp to see how it shakes out.

Not counting Guri and Johnson as were here for a cup of coffee.

Laughton and RP are not overpaid at all. Overplaying them has nothing to so with what you originally said. Sam isn't an NHL level goalie in your opinion?

Either way that is not half the roster. Enjoy your evening.

I think Carolina and Philadelphia are god awful trade partners for the reason the Hurricanes are looking to win.

I’d venture to say the pieces that are on the table aren’t attractive.
You don't think the Canes would have any interest in Sanheim?

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
You are off base. Risto, Seeler, Cates, and Ryjo are all NHL level players. All 4 will be on a NHL roster next season playing if healthy. Cam will be as well imo as no issue letting him come to camp to see how it shakes out.

Not counting Guri and Johnson as were here for a cup of coffee.

Either way that is not half the roster. Enjoy your evening.

You don't think the Canes would have any interest in Sanheim?

Four is more than half of six.
Seven is more than half of twelve.

Enjoy your evening.

I wouldn’t trade Sanheim for Necas, that’s the point. I don’t see any smart deal for the Flyers / Hurricanes where both parties are happy.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
With the news that Carolina is moving on from Necas and Michkov joining the Flyers next season, both teams make a move that benefits them.

To CAR:
Travis Konecny

To PHI:
Martin Necas

The return for TK at the deadline is likely in line with what CAR is expecting to get for Necas.

Carolina gets a feisty top line winger on an expiring deal and Philly gets a low end 1C/high end 2C to help Michkov.

Who says no? Who adds?
He's never played C in the NHL, much less calling him a low end 1C/High end 2C.

Reactions: Tryamw and FlyguyOX

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
He's a LHD? No. Slavin, Orlov, and maybe Nikishin next year in Raleigh.

He's a RHD? Maybe. We'll have a better idea of our situation at the draft.

He played on the right side pretty much all year on the top pair with York.

I wouldn’t trade Sanheim at all as a Flyers fan.

BUT I also would enjoy him being a Hurricane though beings as I relocated to North Carolina. :laugh:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Four is more than half of six.
Seven is more than half of twelve.

Enjoy your evening.

I wouldn’t trade Sanheim for Necas, that’s the point. I don’t see any smart deal for the Flyers / Hurricanes where both parties are happy.
Just admit you are wrong when you said half the roster should be in the NHL.

Your number just do not add up as how many players on an NHL roster? Either way only a handful shouldn't be in the NHL any longer.

Do you think Sanheim is a legit top pairing dman?

I always do enjoy my evenings.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Just admit you are wrong when you said half the roster should be in the NHL.

Your number just do not add up as how many players on an NHL roster? Either way only a handful shouldn't be in the NHL any longer.

Do you think Sanheim is a legit top pairing dman?

I always do enjoy my evenings.
How is 4/6 and then 7/12 not? Laughton and Poehling are borderline AHLers, that’s the two that I’m talking about to make it 7.

Then include the goalies I didn’t list, if we’re going into the NHL season with Petersen & Fed?

Do you want me to include AHLers who had a cup of coffee? Because I can if you would like.

Yeah, I do.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
How is 4/6 and then 7/12 not? Laughton and Poehling are borderline AHLers, that’s the two that I’m talking about to make it 7.

Do you want me to include AHLers who had a cup of coffee? Because I can if you would like.

Yeah, I do.
Laughton is now a borderline AHL player. You have zero credibility with that statement. I am not even a Laughton fan in any way to boot.

23 players on and NHL roster. Saying half of the Flyers regulars on that roster do not belong the NHL is false.

So they should in theory get a great haul for Saeheim if he was moved as that contract for a legit top pair guy is great value,.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Laughton is now a borderline AHL player. You have zero credibility with that statement. I am not even a Laughton fan in any way to boot.

23 players on and NHL roster. Saying half of the Flyers regulars on that roster do not belong the NHL is false.

If I was constructing a team, Laughton would not have that contract. Hes overrated and overpaid. I would rather him not be in the NHL. and he wouldn’t play more than 9 minutes a game and he would be scratched if needed unlike some of the coaches he’s played for.

4/6 defenders.
7/12 forwards.
2/2 goalies.

2 left over.
5 left over.
0 left over.

We’re going to continue to disagree here so we can just drop it and go back to the topic at hand.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This is definitely something that came to mind for me when it was rumored that Necas is on the move. Konecny would make a lot of sense for the Hurricanes in terms of "fit" as a player. He's exactly the sort of winger that i think they'd really benefit from adding. In the same way Guentzel was a terrific addition that i'm sure they'd like to retain.

Problem is...Konecny is going to be a 28 year old UFA next summer. Which...Carolina under Dundon have been been really hesitant to even negotiate with on long-term deals. Guentzel might be an indication that things are shifting a little bit on that front...but i'm not sure they'd want to put themselves in that situation again immediately. Though it also might depend on how the Guentzel situation pans out and how satisfied they are with the outcome of that.

It definitely makes sense from a hockey standpoint for Carolina though. It also makes sense for Philly from an age and team control standpoint. Get a bit younger and potentially give Necas his opportunity to play as a Center with Couts health and reliability being what it is. Even if Konecny is the "better player". I just think that contract situation makes it a really tough deal to make. At least...until July where they can potentially work out an extension before pulling the trigger on the deal. And contingent on Konecny asking for a deal that is amenable to the Canes and their ownership/management and cap structure and philosophy. And that's a tall order...as Guentzel is obviously a priority...but i'm not sure how much they'd want to have another late-prime winger locked up to a long-term $8M+ sort of deal.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If I was constructing a team, Laughton would not have that contract. Hes overrated and overpaid. I would rather him not be in the NHL. and he wouldn’t play more than 9 minutes a game and he would be scratched if needed unlike some of the coaches he’s played for.

4/6 defenders.
7/12 forwards.
2/2 goalies.

2 left over.
5 left over.
0 left over.

We’re going to continue to disagree here so we can just drop it and go back to the topic at hand.

What the heck did Scott Laughton ever do to you? :laugh:

He's a solid, two-way Top-9 utility player with decent size and grit. He can play pretty much anywhere from Top-6 Winger to Middle-6 Center. In a more appropriate role on a deeper team, he's probably a 3C or 2/3W and probably still paces for 30-40pts and about a dozen goals [+/- margin] among that. But that's still really fair value for $3M.

Doesn't make a ton of sense for a team like Carolina who need a true #2C and already have a Jordan Staal. As a defensively better, offensively worse version of that. But calling Laughton a 9mins a night player not worth $3M is pretty farfetched.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I can’t see it. Necas never stuck at C for a reason and Konecny is the better player, too

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

Then include the goalies I didn’t list, if we’re going into the NHL season with Petersen & Fed?

Yeah, I do.
You had me for a while, but you’ve become overly critical now. Cates is also good in a defensive role. Laughton is a valuable bottom 6 guy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's not that I don't agree with what you're saying in the abstract. But we already have to deal with three more years of Risto and the dicey contracts of Sanheim and Couturier. Potentially adding another one is very risky.
Sanheim's contract is fair value, and he never misses games.

Reactions: bleachdrinker

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
You had me for a while, but you’ve become overly critical now. Cates is also good in a defensive role. Laughton is a valuable bottom 6 guy.

I don’t think Cates is very good defensively. He often looks out of place and weak.

I think Laughton is maybe a league minimum guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad