News: Preds trying to trade into top four

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
I mean I can't say I blame them for "trying" to enter the top 4, its kind of the GM's job to at least poke around and see what options are out there... but I just can't see it happening. Those top four teams all really need one of these top guys, they need quality over quantity.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
They have the assets. But they likely wouldn't be willing to move them.

Like, I doubt they'd be willing to part with Kemell, Evangelista and their own 1st as a package.
If you were any of the teams in the Top 4, would that really be attractive to you?

I don't think so.

Pure quantity over quality.

Dropping to #15 is too much.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
They don't have the assets.

Their 1st is too far, their core is too old, and their prospects aren't good enough to justify to any team in the top5 to drop.
Kemell, Evangelista are both really good young players and both look like to be potential top 6 players, at least statistically. Small sample but Luke did have 15 points in 24 games as a rookie, and that's despite a pretty lackluster PP production (only 2 of those 15 points are from the PP). His "fancies" are also solid in that limited span, and he's not benefiting of anything "unsustainable" at first glance.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Kemell, Evangelista are both really good young players and both look like to be potential top 6 players, at least statistically. Small sample but Luke did have 15 points in 24 games as a rookie, and that's despite a pretty lackluster PP production (only 2 of those 15 points are from the PP). His "fancies" are also solid in that limited span, and he's not benefiting of anything "unsustainable" at first glance.
Still talking about 2nr liners, no real top line / star potential here.

A team in the top5 won't trade thay pick for players with 2nd line potential

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Still talking about 2nr liners, no real top line / star potential here.

A team in the top5 won't trade thay pick for players with 2nd line potential
Evangelista definitely has top line potential based on him producing - and visibly not looking out of place - at a 2nd liner level as a rookie. Just because he wasn't a first round pick, or because he wasn't a 1st liner the minute he jumped in the NHL, doesn't mean he doesn't have that potential, honestly.

"Elite top line" potential though? Probably not.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Haven’t seen anyone trade completely out of the top couple of picks for a while now. Dudley did while in TB in 1999/2000 but those were not great drafts.

Milbury with 2OA for Yashin but that was 2001.

Lately if someone got a top 5 pick that was not theirs the deal was done a year earlier.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I was going to say flyers may entertain #7 for #15 and #24 but that is just such a steep drop from 7 to 15.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I could actually see something like Nashville dangling major cap space in front on Montreal to see if they'd bite.

15ov+EDM 1st+Saros
for
5ov+Gallagher+Hoffman+Price?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Bidding war coming between Nashville, St-Louis, Detroit, Philadelphia and Washington for one of those #4-#5 OA.

It will be really interesting to watch, it will cost A LOT. Dropoff in talent is massive from the "big 5" to the rest.
Not true. Leonard and Perreault are very talented. In fact some would take Leonard over Smith and that would not be a crazy take.

Benson is very very talented as well

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Nashville absolutely has the assets to move up but would they part with Askarov + 15
I don't see any team.moving top5 pick for an unproven goalie anr a mid 1st

I know for sure Habs don't do this especially since we van have Hrabal at 31st more than likelly.

Only offer k'd consider wpuld be Askarov + 15 + evangelista for 5 + 37

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Nashville doesn’t have the assets for it
Kemell, Tomasino, evangelista, Schaefer, askarov, svechkov, saros, forsberg, the most amount of picks of anyone in this draft….

You were joking right?

I agree it likely doesn’t happen but they for sure have the assets my friend.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Kemell, Tomasino, evangelista, Schaefer, askarov, svechkov, saros, forsberg, the most amount of picks of anyone in this draft….

You were joking right?

I agree it likely doesn’t happen but they for sure have the assets my friend.
None of those assets are attractive to any of the teams in the top-4.

• Haha
Reactions: Viqsi and maplepred

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Wrong.

You’re telling me if preds offered kemell, askarov, Tomasino, forsberg, 15th overall and a second for fourth overall someone would say no to that?? Preds would never offer that but they 100% have the assets. Thankfully Trotz is not insane lol.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I'd imagine if they gave up every single one of those things it would get it done, but it would take pretty close to that

Wrong.

You’re telling me if preds offered kemell, askarov, Tomasino, forsberg, 15th overall and a second for fourth overall someone would say no to that?? Preds would never offer that but they 100% have the assets. Thankfully Trotz is not insane lol.
I don't have 4th overall, but I'd keep 4th overall over that easily if I did

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They have four extremely good assets in #15, #24, Askarov and Kemell, but I'd assume three of those would have to be involved to get anything done. Even then, it might not work out for both teams. I'm sure San Jose would want all four for #4, for example.

Nobody in the top4 would care to pass on that caliber prospect they are getting

They do, but it be a crazy unrealistic deal.

They really wouldn’t

QCNords

Oct 19, 2017
To Montreal: Tomasino, Parssinen, Askarov, 15oa 2023.
To Nashville: Armia, Allen, 5oa 2023.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
It's about time Nashville makes a splash. The last time they had a legit #1C was Peter Forsberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad