Salary Cap: Red Wings 2024-25 - next season cap discussion

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Kasper, Danielson and Edvinsson will all be with the Red Wings next season 🙏

Danielson will be in GR, and he's not gonna get called up next season unless he forces the issue by going 1 PPG while playing a solid 2 way game. His bar will be set higher than previous prospects simply because the team is better.

I think he takes Fabbri's roster spot when the team lets him walk. I really like Fabbri's enthusiasm and energy, but he's oft injured and a defensive liability. There comes a point where players you like have to leave the team to make it better. I'd say that's progress.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Groundhog Day, same team, same results. This team is stuck in neutral unless it gets a real 2C.

$10.7M for Copp and Compher, I'd rather have an $8.7M center and a $2M player for the same money.

This team is screwed unless Danielson pans out. I really hope he does.

Dude it’s a slump. It was bound to happen.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
3 year bridge deals to Seider and Raymond would not totally bother me. If they want 8 years at a discount, ok. But if it isn't a discount, a shorter deal that allows Stevie some cap space flexibility isn't that bad of an idea. The cap will swell in those three years and they would still be RFA, make them earn a deal past 10 mil, keep them hungry.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Raymond is getting longer and a lot more than 5.9. Seider will get 8 years. Again, Yzerman is not a magician who can just do whatever he wants. Perron shouldn't be back and will get more than 1.2 in the UFA market.

Larkin is not that level of player where no one should get more than him. He is no Nick Lidstrom.
Larkin signed a fully UFA contract and Mo is mostly RFA years, Larkin is our best player. It's not even arguable. I won't be surprised when Mo gets paid less than him.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Larkin signed a fully UFA contract and Mo is mostly RFA years, Larkin is our best player. It's not even arguable. I won't be surprised when Mo gets paid less than him.
As others have mentioned - I could see Mo sign a 3 year deal, but then as the cap rises he gets his payday later on...1st I thought Ray Ray would sign long term 6 plus seasons, but he's had a strong 2nd half which got me thinking he might now do the same as Mo.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Won't be surprised if he gets less, it was more a comment, that if someone that is worth more than Larkin comes along, whether it be Seider or otherwise, we can easily spend more than what Larkin makes.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Holl, Gost, Fabbri, Sprong out
Berggren, Edvinsson, Mazur in
One more season for Kasper in GR , playing on the same line with Danielson

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Well basically I just copied the team we have now.
And this racing stripe (Edvinsson) I feel is pretty sharp.
1000008266.jpg

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Well basically I just copied the team we have now.
And this racing stripe (Edvinsson) I feel is pretty sharp.
View attachment 834461
Not the worse thing IMO. IMO a major way this team will improve is by young players improving and new blood playing their way onto the team. Besides that adding a solid RHD to play behind seider would great as well a 1b center, tho those things are pricy and not without risk.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
The Red Wings desperately need a 2C. It’s obvious that Veleno is what he is at this point, and Copp and Compher have not stepped up in Larkin’s absence, so that needs to be addressed this summer no matter what happens

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
For 1.2 why not. He probably not going to like it and move on

Kasper probably gonna spend extra year in GR
even for 1.2

takes up a roster spot

I'm more than ready to play some prospects, wether it be Kasper or Mazur or even give big Elmer another shot

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
even for 1.2

takes up a roster spot

I'm more than ready to play some prospects, wether it be Kasper or Mazur or even give big Elmer another shot
If Kasper or Mazur better than Fischer in preseason, why not .

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
There are quite many RHDs at UFA market...

T.Myers
Barrie
Tanev
Zaitsev
Klingberg
Pesce
Dumba
Montour
E.Johnson
Matt Roy
DeMelo
Schultz
Lyubuskin
Walker
Carrier
Miller
DeAngelo
Hakanpää
P.Myers
Shattenkirk
A few of them will make it to free agency, but I think most of the interesting ones will be resigned.

Reactions: Winger98

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Dude it’s a slump. It was bound to happen.
He's not exactly wrong saying these picks REALLY need to work out or we're prepping for a rebuild again in 2-3 years. There's not like, a UFA that's going to lift us over the top or even in the discussion imo, of cup contender or even perennial playoff contender. Little Dramatic, I really like Danielson/Edvinsson but man, to ask them to come in as rookies or year 2 players even and vault this team to another level is a real tough ask from two players.

* Circle back to recent convo. Best RHD Wings could sign, imo, is Jani Hakanpaa without spending BIG money or trade. Could/would play beside Edvinsson his rookie year(if he makes the team).

Who knows what'll happen. I'm in lay back and wait mode. I'm done going to games this year, and we'll see what's up next season. The Red Wings have had enough of my money, time, and emotions this year. lol. We have the off season to hype me up again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winger98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad