RHC Roger McQueen - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL(2025 Draft)

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Great start, kind of disappeared the rest of the game. Quite the game.

Kid is actually 6'5 190 right now. Could end up being 6'6 when drafted.
Has a little Logan Brown in his game, consistency definitely an issue. Let’s see if that improved the next 2 years before his draft!

Reactions: Bubbles

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
8 Points in his 1st 3 games so far with a period left. Off to a great start looks great so far
Already has as many goals in three games as he had in 55 last year. Given an extra year of development and more ice time, it should be a nice year ahead for him.

I think he could challenge for best player in the 2025 draft. He’s 6’5, skates well, and has a lot of offense. That’s a potential 1C.
Given the talent already bubbling to the top of that draft class, this is no small claim. If he continues developing over the next 18 months the way he's developed in the last 12, he will be in the mix though.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s not playing much C when he produces. He’s been on the right side. They also just traded for Jayden Wiens, so that will not help him getting time in the middle, and then there’s obviously the Danielson question. If he comes back, it’ll be Danielson, Wiens and their import kid, Dominick Petr playing all important C minutes. Then Anthony Wilson has had a nice start at 3C right now. So they’re deep up the middle.

He looks like he might be settling into playing RW in the top 6 anyway though. Next year for sure, he could be in the middle, because his vision is so good, but who knows. He seems to excel on the wing. It’s safe to say most scouts are seeing him as a winger right now.

Brandon is gonna be a very interesting team this year. If Danielson comes back, they’re gonna make a couple moves to go for it. The more competitive hockey McQueen plays over the next two years, the sky is the limit for him.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
44 points (18 goals) in 43 games. With 40 pim

Leads his team in points, shots on goal, pp goals, pp points,
second in goals, third in +/-, 6th in penalty minutes.
now that danielson has been traded to portland brandon is gonna lean on mcqueen more. he started the season really strong but when danielson came back from camp hes kind of been in his shadow, they had him on the wing a lot.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Has a really good chance to be a special player. Should take off now that Danielson has moved on. It’s gonna be his team, to drive play next year.

Like with Danielson though, they have to get some dmen who move the puck better, if we’re gonna get the chance to see McQueen at his best.. If you’ve watched Danielson these last 3 games with Portland, it’s night and day, what you can do when you’re not having to skate the puck 150-175’ 3 times a shift. Other than Elick, they have big issues in that department, and McQueen is gonna go through that same frustration. So will Jacobson btw.

Danielson has to be thrilled getting to Portland. He’s been very, very good for them btw. He or Detroit, should’ve pushed for this trade at the beginning of the season, as he got nothing, returning to Brandon this year. Hopefully they don’t put McQueen through the same.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
3A last night. He's played more and more at Centre, and looks very comfortable playing there. That alone will make his stock rise given his speed and vision. But 6'5 centres don't come along very often.
I have to admit that I don't watch many WHL games anymore, just too busy but I wonder how McQueen and Conor Geekie translate to the next level.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I have to admit that I don't watch many WHL games anymore, just too busy but I wonder how McQueen and Conor Geekie translate to the next level.

I've never been high on Geekie. He is just frustrating inconsistent. They've both got quite similar traits for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad