Roster Building XIX - Did we blow the deadline? Need to ask the magic 8-ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
Necas won Player of the Game for Czechia today, He akated really well but whiffed on a couple of his best opportunities. Looked like he had the primary assist on the tying goal.

Go figure, he looked right at home beside a center who is basically a slightly less error prone, slightly better skating version of KK.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Necas won Player of the Game for Czechia today, He akated really well but whiffed on a couple of his best opportunities. Looked like he had the primary assist on the tying goal.

Go figure, he looked right at home beside a center who is basically a slightly less error prone, slightly better skating version of KK.
If Dundon didn't blow million billions on KK out of his cheapness, we could have afforded someone marginally better than him.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I wonder if Nashville is in on Skjei with that McDo trade they just did with Tampa. That would be a good match from a cap space perspective, as they have oodles of it with not a lot to spend it on.

He'd be a good fit for them. I could see it. But they are spending $6.5 on the Duchene buyout next year, so the trade might just be about making space for that

Reactions: WreckingCrew

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

And yet he still whiffed on his opportunities...so looking better =/= better results?

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Did he get a cookie or a biscuit for POG?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
He'd be a good fit for them. I could see it. But they are spending $6.5 on the Duchene buyout next year, so the trade might just be about making space for that

With the McDo trade, Nashville now has $26M in cap space with not that many roster spots to fill. This could be a huge offseason for them if they choose to go big game hunting.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I don't know what that is.

17163142848978454605751957223925.jpg

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
jesus, just watched the ot winner. would you believe me if i told you the commentary immediately prior to the canada break-out for the shortie/winner was "...gets the puck to necas, fans on the shot" ?

poor dude - just a horrible turnover. and pasta basically had the puck on his stick during the following play and just *waves hands to make "i don't f***ing know" gesture* allowing the puck to go right to cozens for the winner.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Necas could make sense for Nashville although don’t think Carolina be interested in Saros. Not sure who else makes sense. Colton Sissons would be an ideal third line right handed shot centre but they’d need way more coming back with him

Reactions: DaveG

Slapshottothehead

May 5, 2024
The team cant keep everyone. Slavin will need a new contract next season. Also Morrow and the big russian need spots. Probably time to retool a little bit. Get a little younger......

Reactions: robbieberns

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

Maybe. I treat gossip like gossip. If the trade request rumors have any sort of merit, I hope they can get it done as soon as possible before the value drops. Roster-wise, as long as the Canes have one of Guentzel or Necas ready to go for next season and beyond, I don't really care what happens to the other player either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad