Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Isles don't need more players to beat the crap out of the opposition. They need players who can create scoring opportunities and score goals. It's plain for all to see where it hurts and for this team to go anywhere they need an influx of real talent, gamebreakers who can score from nothing. Bottom sixers ain't gonna cut it.
We don't actually have anyone tbh. Martin is done and, dare I say, Clutter emptied the tank in what will likely be his last contract year. I would take one or two defenseman who could prevent us from getting dominated around the front of our net. Perhaps a 3rd line center that effectively shut down the other teams #1 from time to time.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
We don't actually have anyone tbh. Martin is done and, dare I say, Clutter emptied the tank in what will likely be his last contract year. I would take one or two defenseman who could prevent us from getting dominated around the front of our net. Perhaps a 3rd line center that effectively shut down the other teams #1 from time to time.
Yes, to me, we desperately need that physicality replaced. Martin and Clutter weren't even the same physically so getting a Duhaime type of player is pretty important

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Isles don't need more players to beat the crap out of the opposition. They need players who can create scoring opportunities and score goals. It's plain for all to see where it hurts and for this team to go anywhere they need an influx of real talent, gamebreakers who can score from nothing. Bottom sixers ain't gonna cut it.
Here's where I want to disagree because our physicality has declined over the past few seasons. You can take another guy like that on the roster, but it isn't a DIRE need.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Do you watch any team other than the Isles? Do you see the way Florida, Dallas and the Rangers play and truly say to yourself “wow the Islanders could beat them in a 7 games series”? This team is not competitive with those teams, and every statistic, basic or advanced, supports that observation. I’m not a “sad sack” because I choose to be realistic with where this team stands.
I was thinking this the other day as I was watching highlights and some periods of different games. There's so many talented teams out there! While I disagree with the idea of if the Islanders can beat any of those teams in a 7 game series (why guess about that?!? anything can happen) it does feel that the teams in the playoffs this year are significantly more skilled than the Islanders.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Vancouver did much the same as the isles last offseason btw

I think the isles should also see if Mikheyev is bought out since Soup is 100% a guy that Roy would love to have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad