Speculation: Roster Upgrade Idea 2 : The Rethinkening

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
I posted an idea here a bit ago suggesting the Flyers add Necas as means of improving our roster. The feedback was pretty mixed, but I have new idea and I actually think it is a really great. Would love to know what others think

Trade :

To Philly :

Dalibor Dvorsky

To St. Louis :

Farabee/Foerster/Brink/Cates - young winger
Atkinson/Laughton/Poehling/Ristolainen - Vet depth

It is no secret philly needs a potential 1st line center in their pipeline. Dvorsky could easily become that for them. Dvorsky has a really high IQ, decent size, and solid skills. An added benefit is Dvorsky and Michkov are already boyz. I think it worth kicking the tires on, but I'm interested to hear others thoughts

Last edited:

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I posted an idea here a bit ago suggesting the Flyers add Necas as means of improving our roster. The feedback was pretty mixed, but I have new idea and I actually think it is a really great. Would love to know what others think

Trade :

To Philly :

Dalibor Dvorsky

To St. Louis :

Farabee/Forrester/Brink/Cates - young winger
Atkinson/Laughton/Poehling/Ristolainen - Vet depth

It is no secret philly needs a potential 1st line center in their pipeline. Dvorsky could easily become that for them. Dvorsky has a really high IQ, decent size, and solid skills. An added benefit is Dvorsky and Michkov are already boyz. I think it worth kicking the tires on, but I'm interested to hear others thoughts
one of these things is not like the others

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
one of these things is not like the others
Which one? I could see case for all them having very different values. The highest value would for sure be Foerster/Farabee. Alone neither of them is enough for top center prospect, but one in a package with a vet is probably pretty close to fair

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Which one? I could see case for all them having very different values. The highest value would for sure be Foerster/Farabee. Alone neither of them is enough for top center prospect, but one in a package with a vet is probably pretty close to fair
Cates is nothing like the others..they have skill..he's...well he's Cates

on top of that..i would be shocked if any team made that sort of trade..that's a very previous Flyers like trade..young prospect for older players/vets

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Noah Cates will be 26 in the middle of next season. Plus he's likely a career 3rd liner at best. He's neither that young or that good.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Foerster's value is substantially higher than any of the others, Cates's is substantially lower.

If St. Louis wants Farabee or Brink and the Florida #1 for Dvorsky, absolutely, but I can't imagine them being willing to move him at this juncture.

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
I think Lundell would be a good target for us. Florida is in a cap jam and he would get a nice role increase here. Good two way guy. Could be a long term 2C here. Torts would probably love him over Frost.

Necas
Lundell
Coots
Poehling

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
I think Lundell would be a good target for us. Florida is in a cap jam and he would get a nice role increase here. Good two way guy. Could be a long term 2C here. Torts would probably love him over Frost.

Necas
Lundell
Coots
Poehling
I do not think the panthers will let Lundell go. I agree he'd be a terrific add, but he has been very good in every zone. He hasn't produced like a big money guy so he won't get a massive contract. I think florida will do what they need to make sure they keep on there. I love the idea though

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Foerster's value is substantially higher than any of the others, Cates's is substantially lower.

If St. Louis wants Farabee or Brink and the Florida #1 for Dvorsky, absolutely, but I can't imagine them being willing to move him at this juncture.
I don't know about substantially higher than Farabee. I'm not saying Farabee is superstar, but Farabee is currently better and if the a team wants to improve their depth now adding the better player likely helps more. My personal preference would be to sell Foerster and a Vet. I wouldn't send a single 1st round pick out. I'd offer a 3rd round pick at the highest to supplement the depth improvements the blues would get. There will be some very decent players available with that florida pick in this draft, I would hope the flyers do not send it away. I have been reviewing a number of players likely to or possible to be available for the flyers picks and was planning to do a pretty big write up closer to the draft.

Some people seem to have Foerster penciled into the core, but I'm not super confident Foerster has all that high of ceiling. I was not that high on him in 2020 and I'm still not. I desperately wanted the flyers to take Peterka in 2020. Peterka had so much upside and a far more dynamic skill set. Could Foerster be pasta? Maybe, I suppose anything is possible. I personally lean towards a career depth forward, but no one knows the future. The real plus to Foerster's value is his age and some NHL experience.

Again not saying Foerster won't keep developing. I'll happily eat my words if he suddenly becomes an all star, but yeah I favor selling high especially if it can net a potential 1st line center prospect. I also wasn't that high Cutter Gauthier, but that's a separate topic.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

Necas
Lundell
Coots
Poehling
I really like Lundell but i doubt we can get him for what he is worth. And i dont like him enough for the overpay Florida will ask for him. And he isnt the first line Center we need

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Necas
Lundell
Coots
Poehling
Zero chance he gets away.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
When a GM goes out into the market and is seen as being desperate to make above, they get burned. (CIP-Hayes trade). When the GM lets the market come to them by being available for a trade, they can do much better (CIP-Provorov deal). Briere doesn't have to push the situation. So what if they suck for '24-'25. Play it through and clean the balance sheet. Even if Michkov is here for the upcoming season, it's the ones that are beyond that that matter the most. No need to repeat past franchise mistakes out of a perceived necessity that may not be there for long.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I don't know about substantially higher than Farabee. I'm not saying Farabee is superstar, but Farabee is currently better and if the a team wants to improve their depth now adding the better player likely helps more. My personal preference would be to sell Foerster and a Vet. I wouldn't send a single 1st round pick out. I'd offer a 3rd round pick at the highest to supplement the depth improvements the blues would get. There will be some very decent players available with that florida pick in this draft, I would hope the flyers do not send it away. I have been reviewing a number of players likely to or possible to be available for the flyers picks and was planning to do a pretty big write up closer to the draft.

Some people seem to have Foerster penciled into the core, but I'm not super confident Foerster has all that high of ceiling. I was not that high on him in 2020 and I'm still not. I desperately wanted the flyers to take Peterka in 2020. Peterka had so much upside and a far more dynamic skill set. Could Foerster be pasta? Maybe, I suppose anything is possible. I personally lean towards a career depth forward, but no one knows the future. The real plus to Foerster's value is his age and some NHL experience.

Again not saying Foerster won't keep developing. I'll happily eat my words if he suddenly becomes an all star, but yeah I favor selling high especially if it can net a potential 1st line center prospect. I also wasn't that high Cutter Gauthier, but that's a separate topic.
Foerster just put up 20 goals in a rookie season while being our second best defensive forward, playing only 17 minutes a night. He also missed the net an absolute shit ton this year. He crushed Corsi and Fenwick stats this year.

This guy comfortably has 30 goal potential while being an absolute rock defensively. He's most definitely part of the core, and had the potential to be one of the best second liners in the league.

Reactions: IronMarshal

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Dvorsky is that good to give up Farabee and 1st?? So this guy is a low-end 1C, high end 2C?
Considering where Blues are right now I don't see any reason why they would do it. Actually one might argue they traded for Hayes as a stop gap to give Dvorsky time to develop.

Reactions: renberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad