GDT: Round 1 - Game 5 - Colorado Avalanche @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, April 30th, 2024 - 8:30pm CDT - CBC/Sportsnet West - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
Helle will be here next year and beyond LB will not, you don't piss off your starter in an elimination game.
I understand what you’re saying though, but If he’s that emotionally fragile that you can’t bench him when he plays terrible than he’s got bigger problems.
And how is he ever supposed to push himself to be better if there’s virtually no repercussions for terrible play.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Have a great time and i really hope the Jets give you lots to cheer about tonight .
I got up this morning and decided, I'm not going to give up yet. It's F****** sports for christ sakes. You battle until the end and let the chips lay where they may. IMO you don't start pissing and moaning until it is done. Even then it is kind of annoying, but I get the "group therapy" thing.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Yup, we need to win the non Mack matchup tonight
This is why I`ve been advocating that we experiment a bit in the last 10 or 15 games with a view to finding a way to strengthen the defensive capability of the Scheif line. The notion that the Avs are only a "one line threat of superstars" is misplaced and we were never well prepared to handle 2 top lines.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I have been a defender of this coaching staff. But playing miller after he hasn’t played a game in what seems like a whole month is something else.
He should have been in a few games ago.
I think we have all questioned some of Bones' lineup decisions, but Miller is a vet and should be able to step in. As most around here I really like the lineup and lines we are going with tonight.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I understand what you’re saying though, but If he’s that emotionally fragile that you can’t bench him when he plays terrible than he’s got bigger problems.
And how is he ever supposed to push himself to be better if there’s virtually no repercussions for terrible play.
If they were going to make a move it should of been for game three, would it of been warranted maybe, does LB win the game who knows. It's an elimination game and he is the starter and perceived Vezina winner this year for better or worse he gets the pipes.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I got up this morning and decided, I'm not going to give up yet. It's F****** sports for christ sakes. You battle until the end and let the chips lay where they may. IMO you don't start pissing and moaning until it is done. Even then it is kind of annoying, but I get the "group therapy" thing.
I feel the same -
I was done for the summer but need to see this play out - hoping the lineup changes have a positive impact

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
And they accuse me of having outrageous fantasies...

1714519955147.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Buffdog and Inanna

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It's only hockey...

Not really that important in the scheme of things...

An extraordinary thing has happened... life has been most possibly detected on another planet...

Along with Me... @kanadalainen ... he's a big fan of the James Webb telescope and how it is changing our outlook on what really matters and the solving the real mysteries of life Universe wide...

Here is Professor Nikku Madhusudhan discussing his findings of the discovery of life on a planet 120 Light Years away...

Professor Madhusudhan has not admitted the strong hypothesis this ocean planet is ruled by a sentient Coelecanth race...

The Professor had heard rumblings of other life in our Universe... deciding to turn the James Webb Telescope towards the game between the Jets and Avalanche this past Sunday...

Professor Madhusudhan declared post game that no signs of life were found on the Winnipeg Jets side of the ice...

Stay tuned folks... Prof' Nikku says he will try again tonight... hoping that an extinction event has not happened with pro hockey in Winnipeg...

Go Jets Go !!!

........ .....:jets

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
So the game will end about 11:45 and I'm needing to be up by about 5. Hmmm. If we win this one, I may just stay up all night and sleep it off tomorrow.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
How many days, till game time?
Seven I believe.

200w.gif

Enough time to drive to Lowe Farm, pump out the cistern, wash the hogs, cut the grass, smoke the grass, set and peck for a while.

It's only hockey...

Not really that important in the scheme of things...

An extraordinary thing has happened... life has been most possibly detected on another planet...

Along with Me... @kanadalainen ... he's a big fan of the James Webb telescope and how it is changing our outlook on what really matters and the solving the real mysteries of life Universe wide...

Here is Professor Nikku Madhusudhan discussing his findings of the discovery of life on a planet 120 Light Years away...

Professor Madhusudhan has not admitted the strong hypothesis this ocean planet is ruled by a sentient Coelecanth race...

The Professor had heard rumblings of other life in our Universe... deciding to turn the James Webb Telescope towards the game between the Jets and Avalanche this past Sunday...

Professor Madhusudhan declared post game that no signs of life were found on the Winnipeg Jets side of the ice...

Stay tuned folks... Prof' Nikku says he will try again tonight... hoping that an extinction event has not happened with pro hockey in Winnipeg...

Go Jets Go !!!

........ .....:jets

Sentient coelacanths..!!! WTF are we waiting for, call up Elon and get that fecking heavy lift rocket shyza in gear...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad