Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oilers (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
curious to know if the Oilers move on from Kane in the off season. Not trying to run him out of town but can we afford a 5mill 3rd liner? Just looking at the cap situation and what options we will have to go all in again

He's a 2nd line player and, based on how that second line is playing right, fits right in with Holloway and Leon

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He's a 2nd line player and, based on how that second line is playing right, fits right in with Holloway and Leon
I still think that they look to move on at year's end. Him playing well in the playoffs only increases the likelihood we have takers for the contract.

Whoever the new GM is will need to get creative with the payroll over the next two or three seasons. July 1st and we're a year from the Draisaitl and Bouchard extensions.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I still think that they look to move on at year's end. Him playing well in the playoffs only increases the likelihood we have takers for the contract.

Whoever the new GM is will need to get creative with the payroll over the next two or three seasons. July 1st and we're a year from the Draisaitl and Bouchard extensions.
McLeod, Foegele, Ceci, Campbell will be gone before Kane will.

Reactions: CornKicker

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

I understand where you're coming from, and the very likely decline coming from Kane over the next couple of seasons, but this team would be horribly soft without him.

GMs pay for toughness and skill, if they dump him they'll have to spend a good part of it on another shit disturber that can play, IMO

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Foegele should have been gone at the deadline. To think this guy was going to do anything for us in the playoffs was foolish of Holland

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I understand where you're coming from, and the very likely decline coming from Kane over the next couple of seasons, but this team would be horribly soft without him.

GMs pay for toughness and skill, if they dump him they'll have to spend a good part of it on another shit disturber that can play, IMO
It's a valid concern, the lack of physicality. But overall, he's shown that he's heavily reliant on that scoring line push to be a productive player over the full 82 game season. And he's having a tougher time staying 100% healthy as time has progressed.

I think the Oilers in the trade market will be prioritizing players with that element of their game. I still think that Scott Laughton is the forward or there that makes the most sense to add in this brief window prior to the McDavid extension.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I saw someone the other day mention Viktor Arvidsson. The more I think about it the more I like the idea. Hate playing against him, which usually means you’d love to have him on your team. Good depth scoring, could move up the lineup if needed. But also, former teammate and countryman of Ekholm.. could be a great fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad