Speculation: Sam Reinhart - Next contract discussion

Will Reinhart re-sign in Florida, if so, what contract does he sign?

• Yes with FLA, 6yrs @ $7 to 8 million per

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Yes with FLA, 6yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Yes with FLA, 7yrs @ $7 to 8 million per

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Yes with FLA, 7yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Yes with FLA, 8yrs @ $7 to 8 million per

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Yes with FLA, 8yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Not with FLA, 7yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Not with FLA, 7yrs @ $8 to 9 million per

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Benny will be the most difficult one to gauge fair terms
I agree. He misses a lot of games with injuries due to his playing style and draws some untimely penalties. However, he drives the game when he's on. It's apparent how much he's missed when he's not in the lineup.

He will be 29 when he hits UFA. 6 or 7 years, but it will be a dead contract towards the end?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I agree. He misses a lot of games with injuries due to his playing style and draws some untimely penalties. However, he drives the game when he's on. It's apparent how much he's missed when he's not in the lineup.

He will be 29 when he hits UFA. 6 or 7 years, but it will be a dead contract towards the end?
No more than 5 a year I'd think, 4.3 currently

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The market for Bennett is very hard to gauge. I think a lot of GMs around the league look at him and will love to have him on their club, but also, he is plagued by injuries and his production is not amazing. I suspect the Panthers will be able to retain him at a fair value.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Bennett doesn't produce enough points to demand a big contract. If that's what he wants, I would hope Zito waves him goodbye

I like Bennett a lot, but if we have to lose Verhaeghe, Reinhart or Sam Bennett I'm going to pick Bennett every time. We can find another option at 2C without destroying our cap.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The market for Bennett is very hard to gauge. I think a lot of GMs around the league look at him and will love to have him on their club, but also, he is plagued by injuries and his production is not amazing. I suspect the Panthers will be able to retain him at a fair value.

Some rebuilding or a team that's coming out of a rebuild would overpay for his services but a contender cannot do that. I'd expect that Bennett would sign a ~6.5mil per contract with a rebuilder (using Killorn's contract as a comparable) and a ~$5.5mil per contract with a contender, probably a bit less with Zito at the helm.

I don't think Zito is able to re-sign Reino. His agent will be asking like $10mil per in the free agency and settle for a $9-9.5mil per. "b-but Reinhart will not sign for more than $8.5mil, he is an integral part of the Pant..". I don't think so. He's a very good player but he's not a fringe franchise defining player which his next salary will indicate. Timo Meier signed a $8.8milx8 deal with the NJD with his best season being the 2021-22 campaign when he scored 76pts in 77 games and I don't see any reason why Reinhart would settle for the same amount or less.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Bennett has the "intangibles" that don't show up on the scoreboard but are evident when he's on the ice.
That being said, injuries and wondering how his body will hold up entering his 30's is something to consider.

big thing would be to hope the cap keeps on growing at a decent clip again. This stagnation really hampered a lot of teams/non stars.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
It really depends what Reinhart wants. He was in Buffalo for a lot of years. Complete shitshow and no playoffs.

He has been here since and on a winning Team
He could take less than market value and stay on a winning Team with a good shit at winning a cup or get paid on a Team like Chicago

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I don’t see Zito moving on from Reinhart yet. We don’t have anyone in the pipeline who could grow into that role next year. Maaaaaybe Mackie can be that guy at some point down the road but it doesn’t look like that would happen anytime soon.

The Forsling deal gives Zito more wiggle room so we’ll see if that makes it easier to keep Reino around and not wipe out our cap

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
I think if we win a cup or make the finals again, no one is going to want to leave this team. They'll make it work.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
My general fear is becoming too top heavy on a handful of players.

While this core obviously has done more than other teams, having 3 guys near 9-10mil is a lot of cap taken up. Once Bob's deal is over it'll give more breathing room but hate to lose more middle 6 guys due to a cap squeeze.

Definitely get players wanting to maximize their earnings, but hopefully some magic can be worked similar to Forsling's deal.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
2025_lineup.png

Anyone who thinks that Reinhart will be back no matter what should do some armchair GM-ing. The bottom6 and top4 will look like crap even if Reinhart took a significant discount compared to what he'd get in the free agency. The lineup above is just to illustrate how difficult it will be for Zito to keep all of the big names on board.

Reactions: 5 Hole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad