Management Sens hire Rob DiMaio as Director of player development and Pro Scouting

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
a tad strange isn't it? His career as a player was entirely in the USA. Almost 20 years. Then almost 17 years in scouting and so on, all in the USA.

Since about the age of 20, he has been in hockey, but exclusively in the USA. More often than not, these guys become US citizens, and rarely look back.. Look at our pack of dual American/Canadian players. Their Dads.

Canada should have been to him, what the Muskoka's is to us. A place you visit and stay a week, once a year.

Man, I would love to hear his story.
Scouts don't need to live where their team is based, their work is remote from other arenas around the league. When they're needed, they fly in for a few nights.

He's been a pro scout in Eastern Canada for American based teams for the past 15 years.

No different than Mann living in New Brunnswick while being the head scout for the Sens.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Rookie President/Gm move. Washed old guy. Should have got a young new set of eyes. Not Best in Class.

Is that how it's done?
Loach

Dallas stars.. GM, Jim Nill, Age 66. Head coach Pete DeBoer, age 55
Edmonton Oilers, GM, Ken Holland, age 68. Head coach, Kris Knoblauch, age 45
NYR.. GM, Chris Drury, age 47. head coach, P. Lavallette, age 59
Florida Panthers.. GM, Bill Zitto, age 59. head coach, Paul Maurice, age 57

Dimaio is 56.. Washed up old guy!!!! He is younger than 5 of the guys on the above list. Is 1 year older than Deboer.

Young set of eyes!!!!!

Like Dorion maybe? How about Dubas? Chayka? Buffalos' Kevin Adams.. Great young eyes, don't you think.

Hey Mike Greir in San Jose is 49.. He has done great hasn't he? Oh yea, they are drafting #1 overall.

Kylie Davidson Chicago.. perfect; 35 years YOUNG.. excellent. in his 2 seasons as GM, 59 and 52 points. In his one season as AGM, 68 points. Excellent young eyes, don't you think? A combined ~ 0.350 win percentage.. He is right up Sam Pollack's ass in terms of success as a GM.

Reactions: asw and albator71

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Loach

Dallas stars.. GM, Jim Nill, Age 66. Head coach Pete DeBoer, age 55
Edmonton Oilers, GM, Ken Holland, age 68. Head coach, Kris Knoblauch, age 45
NYR.. GM, Chris Drury, age 47. head coach, P. Lavallette, age 59
Florida Panthers.. GM, Bill Zitto, age 59. head coach, Paul Maurice, age 57

Dimaio is 56.. Washed up old guy!!!! He is younger than 5 of the guys on the above list. Is 1 year older than Deboer.

Young set of eyes!!!!!

Like Dorion maybe? How about Dubas? Chayka? Buffalos' Kevin Adams.. Great young eyes, don't you think.

Hey Mike Greir in San Jose is 49.. He has done great hasn't he? Oh yea, they are drafting #1 overall.

Kylie Davidson Chicago.. perfect; 35 years YOUNG.. excellent. in his 2 seasons as GM, 59 and 52 points. In his one season as AGM, 68 points. Excellent young eyes, don't you think? A combined ~ 0.350 win percentage.. He is right up Sam Pollack's ass in terms of success as a GM.
Are you Ok? Do you need more fiber in your diet, less caffeine....?

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Us old folks need more fiber in our diet and we also need more caffeine just to stay awake not less :laugh: damn guy you make it sound like 50 is the new 80
I think you missed my original post, just like he did. And for your information I am well aware of the need for more caffeine and fiber and less cheese in my diet, thank you very much!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Would be interesting to have an "investigative" reporter ask the question as to why he chose to leave an Assistant GM position in sunny and warm California to take this position with Ottawa in the cold white north.

delet

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Looks like he tried a brief stint moving up the management chain to assistant G.M. Maybe he didnt like it and is returning to what he is good at it?

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Scouts don't need to live where their team is based, their work is remote from other arenas around the league. When they're needed, they fly in for a few nights.

He's been a pro scout in Eastern Canada for American based teams for the past 15 years.

No different than Mann living in New Brunnswick while being the head scout for the Sens.
Yes,

But as a whole, it caught my eye. For the most part, the USA is littered with Canadian players, who get drafted to US based teams, go down and stay down. and so, even if he came back home to get married and to spend summers, almost inevitably that would end, when he had kids, now going back and forth becomes harder.

Now add 17 years of working for US teams, I would have assumed he was well entrenched in the USA. I remember TSN1200 pros talking about the STL area as being Canada North for players. I assumed he would have relocated there years ago.

It is actually nice to see. A guy remaining a Canadian. Traffic is generally the other way.

Reactions: asw

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
I think you missed my original post, just like he did. And for your information I am well aware of the need for more caffeine and fiber and less cheese in my diet, thank you very much!
Loach, I did get your original comment. So, an apology if you meant it differently.

Stay away from caffeine. Fiber is good.. Protein is good/better, especially plant based.. Cheese is okay, but in moderation.

Fiber gives you gas, but when you get to be my age, farting in public is not something you give a f*** about.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
If Andlauer was serious about best in class, he would have ponied up and paid Craig Berube for this role.
hang on to this line.. copy and past it and save it somewhere.
If in 2 years time Green is a success and Berube is not, be man enough to come forth and fall on your sword.

If in 2 years, Green has flopped and Berube is a success. Come on here and gloat and launch missiles at all.

But let the timem pass. Attackes before hand are un-necessary. You and others have voiced a concern. Most of us, have either agreed with you or have taken a "let;s wait a nd see".. Well, all us must now, simply wait and see.

And attacking every move the team makes is unfair.

No one know who this guy is. No one knows what moves he orchestrated. And so, we have no idea.. Most people on here and in the world in general, cannot even begin to tell you what the pro side does, or how it does it.

Wait another two years, then come blasting f this team is a flop.. Attack him, attack Green, attack Staios, attack Andlauer.. But in two years.

Reactions: asw

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
200w.gif

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Think it’s being facetious.
Solid hire by the Sens.
Jet,

we spent 2 weeks watching nuclear weapons being lobbed at the Green hire.
we have spent 10 months going at Andlauer and Staios
we spent 8 years going after Dorion
we have spent 17 years going after Melnyk

after a while, unless a post is started with "Knock, Knock, who is there". It is hard to know when a joke is being delivered.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Jet,

we spent 2 weeks watching nuclear weapons being lobbed at the Green hire.
we have spent 10 months going at Andlauer and Staios
we spent 8 years going after Dorion
we have spent 17 years going after Melnyk

after a while, unless a post is started with "Knock, Knock, who is there". It is hard to know when a joke is being delivered.
Yep, tone and the like, definitely don’t come across well in text.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
hang on to this line.. copy and past it and save it somewhere.
If in 2 years time Green is a success and Berube is not, be man enough to come forth and fall on your sword.

If in 2 years, Green has flopped and Berube is a success. Come on here and gloat and launch missiles at all.

But let the timem pass. Attackes before hand are un-necessary. You and others have voiced a concern. Most of us, have either agreed with you or have taken a "let;s wait a nd see".. Well, all us must now, simply wait and see.

And attacking every move the team makes is unfair.

No one know who this guy is. No one knows what moves he orchestrated. And so, we have no idea.. Most people on here and in the world in general, cannot even begin to tell you what the pro side does, or how it does it.

Wait another two years, then come blasting f this team is a flop.. Attack him, attack Green, attack Staios, attack Andlauer.. But in two years.

I'm so confused. I thought they hired DiMaio for this job? So it's Green as both the coach and Director of PP?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad