OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Man, I love Hollywood. I just Watched Kingdom of the planet of the Apes.

In the future, humanity is destroyed.. Apes run things.. But the female lead, NOVA, prefect looks, perfect body, tight fitting cloths, not a mark on her, good teeth, plucked eyebrows.

Here we are today with Doctors, Dentists, Hair salons, enough pharmaceuticals to fill the ocean, enough cosmetics to fill the ocean. Water filtration, controlled agriculture, industrial settings to provide us with everything we need. Yet we all look like heck.

She would have, under normal circumstance, looked and been worse than an Ape today, But was straight out of Vogue Magazine. And her modesty protected by proper fashion.

It is comforting to know, that if the apocalypses ever comes upon us, we will come out of it in better shape than today.

Our teeth won't fall out, NO. They will become whiter and more perfect. We won't die of 101 different ailments, diseases, viruses. NO, we will all be perfect. Not a scratch on us. We will be able to run wild in the jungle, and our cloths will remain just right, our hair will be perfect and not a single cut on us.. And here I am, doing about 30 minutes of gardening and look like the dog has just chewed me.

Our eyebrows will be perfect, penciled in too. Clearly, the Maybelline factory will survive the apocalypse. Worry not Ladies, should the apocalypse hit, your nails will still be looked after.

Our cloths will fit just right, not a scratch on them. Shoes, just in our size. The Bata, Prada and Bruno Magli companies will still be operating in full capacity. I am guessing Walmarts survives the apocalypse. And remain fully stocked. But with the added beauty of, it will be free.

UUUUGGGHHH. I watched Quo Vadis, made in 1951. Idiotic. So I figured, hey 1951. A solid 1/4 of society was illiterate back then. Then I watched Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes 2024. Clearly 1/4 of society are dimwits.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Man, I love Hollywood. I just Watched Kingdom of the planet of the Apes.

In the future, humanity is destroyed.. Apes run things.. But the female lead, NOVA, prefect looks, perfect body, tight fitting cloths, not a mark on her, good teeth, plucked eyebrows.

Here we are today with Doctors, Dentists, Hair salons, enough pharmaceuticals to fill the ocean, enough cosmetics to fill the ocean. Water filtration, controlled agriculture, industrial settings to provide us with everything we need. Yet we all look like heck.

She would have, under normal circumstance, looked and been worse than an Ape today, But was straight out of Vogue Magazine. And her modesty protected by proper fashion.

It is comforting to know, that if the apocalypses ever comes upon us, we will come out of it in better shape than today.

Our teeth won't fall out, NO. They will become whiter and more perfect. We won't die of 101 different ailments, diseases, viruses. NO, we will all be perfect. Not a scratch on us. We will be able to run wild in the jungle, and our cloths will remain just right, our hair will be perfect and not a single cut on us.. And here I am, doing about 30 minutes of gardening and look like the dog has just chewed me.

Our eyebrows will be perfect, penciled in too. Clearly, the Maybelline factory will survive the apocalypse. Worry not Ladies, should the apocalypse hit, your nails will still be looked after.

Our cloths will fit just right, not a scratch on them. Shoes, just in our size. The Bata, Prada and Bruno Magli companies will still be operating in full capacity. I am guessing Walmarts survives the apocalypse. And remain fully stocked. But with the added beauty of, it will be free.

UUUUGGGHHH. I watched Quo Vadis, made in 1951. Idiotic. So I figured, hey 1951. A solid 1/4 of society was illiterate back then. Then I watched Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes 2024. Clearly 1/4 of society are dimwits.
You should watch Wall-e next

Reactions: coladin

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
You should watch Wall-e next
nah, one trauma a month is enough. Back to watching "Swell Dame" movies on TBS.

Last weekend, "The postman always rings twice"... Continues to be the highwater mark in "Swell Dame" movie genres.

You need to watch it. You will suffer. In the end, he is going to get electrocuted. You start hoping they would show it and start wishing, they had electrocuted the Director and Producer. Or better yet, electrocute you and end the misery.

Did you ever watch the Terminator movie with Christian Bale? the female lead is Bryce Howard. Armageddon!! Humanity is being hunted into extinction. Final scene, she is in the helicopter, the camera zooms in, Perfect make up, dyed blonde hair, penciled eyebrows, the camera zooms back, we see her hands, perfectly manicured nails. And the cutest damn outfit.

I stopped fearing.

Between Terminator and Planet of the Apes, No more fear. Heck, should another Covid hit, I welcome it. It will be the best thing to happen to all of us. The men will look like Christian Bale, the women like Bryce Howard and we are set. With fantastic outfits and teeth.

But what I really want, is a time machine that can take me back to 40 CE or so, Ohh wah what those Romans looked like. Damn, we have grown so ugly since. And everything was so perfect and pristine.

I was at the Sistine Chapple 7 years ago. There is a robe there from 1000 CE.. It was crude. Relics from 1000 CE were crude... But hey 1000 years earlier, everything was just so much better.

I was at VMI about 10 years ago, The George Marshal museum. There is his VMI uniform from 1900 to 1905.. inch thick cotton, crude, etc. Yet damn, watch those John Wayne Oaters and see the sleek, modern fiber military outfits.. from 1865.. a good 40 years earlier!!!!

James Bond, falls from a Helicopter, onto the roof of the new Wembley, slides down, saves himself, Not a scratch. I slip in my bedroom, fall on the bed and was sore for a week. A good things, I didn't break anything.

And Chris Pratt gets Raptors to eat out of his hand.. We get eaten alive by bugs.

Thanks for letting me vent. I needed that on a rainy Tuesday morning. Now I am heading out to my local pet store to buy a pet T-Rex. I will call him "Fluffy". You figure 1-2 cows a day worth of meals is okay? If that is not enough, I have 120 neighbors he can have. That should last him a day or so. Some are healthy, they maybe good for two meals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad