OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Looks fantastic. I'd give it a bit more time directly over the coals to get a better caramelization/sear/colour to finish. Greatest benefit of coal is the 'chared' aspect. The natural 'smoky' flavour is next to non.

The 'food' should be jumping between 'direct' and 'indirect' heat as much as possible. It's all by 'feel' at that point. I love grilling for that reason. It's all "in the feel" of it.

Reactions: maclean and milkbag

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Huge car show Show and Shine at the Tomlinson headquarters on Citigate which is in Barhaven Today

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Looks fantastic. I'd give it a bit more time directly over the coals to get a better caramelization/sear/colour to finish. Greatest benefit of coal is the 'chared' aspect. The natural 'smoky' flavour is next to non.

The 'food' should be jumping between 'direct' and 'indirect' heat as much as possible. It's all by 'feel' at that point. I love grilling for that reason. It's all "in the feel" of it.
Hell yeah brother, normally I would absolutely be doing that. Was trying out my buddy's Traeger last night to switch it up a bit. Pellet smokers are nice but I prefer charcoal myself, exactly for the "feel" like you said.

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
let's hope the Mods don't lose their heads.

Here we are debating the short coming's of the LRT. Well the LRT was mainly a European product. It has failed in Ottawa. My belief, the harsh Canadian weather.

The BBC has a documentary; Rise of the Nazis. One of the episodes is "Dictators at war; Stalingrad". In it is a segment on a meeting in Finland between Hitler and Mannerheim (Finland's leader at the time). The meeting was partially recorded (in Secret).

The documentary cherry picks and edits.

So, I researched it. And found Youtube posts with the recording and with it translated.

there is Hitler declaring how his armament was not made for winter. How his armament was made for milder Western European weather.

Can you say LRT.

they have always known..as far back as 1942 and Tanks.. so here we were in 2014 and fancy assed trains, and no one realised that Central Europe isn't exactly Fort McMurray?

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Max Verstappen doesn't win one race, and then all of a sudden all the f1 fanboys start crying all over the internet about how the track sucks and needs to be changed. :eyeroll:

Reactions: DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Max Verstappen doesn't win one race, and then all of a sudden all the f1 fanboys start crying all over the internet about how the track sucks and needs to be changed. :eyeroll:
To be fair, Monaco has always been a joke of a track where it's impossible to overtake. But it's good to keep a few tracks that still have some tradition and personality.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
To be fair, Monaco has always been a joke of a track where it's impossible to overtake. But it's good to keep a few tracks that still have some tradition and personality.
Dr. Easy,

get on Canadian film board and see Of sports and men..or of men and sports (I forget which is teh proper title).

You will see the Monaco GP from anywhere between, 1950 to 1954. Even the film board could not validate which year.

You see Juan Manual Fangio, and Monaco before the Marina and Pool area. It is sharp.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
lol, Monaco track has always sucked, there is nothing new about that.
It’s a prestige track but also a parade track,

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
We haven't had nearly as much crying about it as this year though, as soon as Max didn't finish first.
No idea, I’ve haven’t seen any crying yet.

Like I said, it’s a parade track, fans know it, racers know it.
TBH I’ve heard less noise about it this year, than previous years.

But I gave up complaining about the track, as it’s not going anywhere.
As long as you know there won’t be any passing really, just enjoy the short.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Dr. Easy,

get on Canadian film board and see Of sports and men..or of men and sports (I forget which is teh proper title).

You will see the Monaco GP from anywhere between, 1950 to 1954. Even the film board could not validate which year.

You see Juan Manual Fangio, and Monaco before the Marina and Pool area. It is sharp.
There's one Monaco GP you can find on YouTube, where a car leaves the track and ends up in the sea!

• Wow
Reactions: maclean

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
This track is terrible. And has been for decades. No passing. I would never ever go to this race, unless I was given an all expense paid. There are so so many better tracks to see real F1 racing. On to Canada for the next race....anyone going?

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
This track is terrible. And has been for decades. No passing. I would never ever go to this race, unless I was given an all expense paid. There are so so many better tracks to see real F1 racing. On to Canada for the next race....anyone going?
Its a congested city! What can they do?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Breaking my streak this year since we have the little one. Gotta pick my battles now...

And it hasn't been the same since the BYOB days

Reactions: coladin

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
No idea, I’ve haven’t seen any crying yet.

Like I said, it’s a parade track, fans know it, racers know it.
TBH I’ve heard less noise about it this year, than previous years.

But I gave up complaining about the track, as it’s not going anywhere.
As long as you know there won’t be any passing really, just enjoy the short.
Is there any passing on any F1 TRACK.

To a large extent, the qualifying dictates the order. When cars slip, it is mostly due to tyre wear. And mismanaged pitstops.

The cars are way to big, and made of very delicate carbon fibre. The slightest contact is catastrophic. See how many races are won from pole? See how many top 5, top 10 are pretty much the qualification order.

F1 has been a parade since the mid 1980's. The days of Gilles Villeauve, battling Rene Arnoux, are long over.

The cars today, are Nozzle-Diffuser design. Air enters the car, is constricted and exits through a wider discharge area. This cause a minor amount of head loss. The intent was to slow the cars down. But it also causes downstream turbulence, which makes for "dirty air" for the car behind it.

Something they did not foresee is; the nozzle-diffuser design is also on the outside, and the contraction point is about 1-2 feet in front of the rear wheel. This causes suction, which lifts the car. Ergo the instability.

The size of the car, the speed they carry, means that the cars do not roll, they slide across turns. Similar to the F22 jet fighter, which can just about do 90 degree turn. And that leads to tyre degradation or at least adds. The KERS system (Kinetic energy recovery system) means that it is in your best interest to slam on the brakes as hard as possible to harness that energy. And so, the tire get even more damaged.

All of that mean., No one passes anyone. It is too difficult. You hope that the guy in front of you has cooked his tyres. And you pas him that way.

F1 needs to go back to the future. Force car design to be like the 1977-1984. Ban energy harvesting and consider banning DRS.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

To a large extent, the qualifying dictates the order. When cars slip, it is mostly due to tyre wear. And mismanaged pitstops.

The cars are way to big, and made of very delicate carbon fibre. The slightest contact is catastrophic. See how many races are won from pole? See how many top 5, top 10 are pretty much the qualification order.

F1 has been a parade since the mid 1980's. The days of Gilles Villeauve, battling Rene Arnoux, are long over.

The cars today, are Nozzle-Diffuser design. Air enters the car, is constricted and exits through a wider discharge area. This cause a minor amount of head loss. The intent was to slow the cars down. But it also causes downstream turbulence, which makes for "dirty air" for the car behind it.

Something they did not foresee is; the nozzle-diffuser design is also on the outside, and the contraction point is about 1-2 feet in front of the rear wheel. This causes suction, which lifts the car. Ergo the instability.

The size of the car, the speed they carry, means that the cars do not roll, they slide across turns. Similar to the F22 jet fighter, which can just about do 90 degree turn. And that leads to tyre degradation or at least adds. The KERS system (Kinetic energy recovery system) means that it is in your best interest to slam on the brakes as hard as possible to harness that energy. And so, the tire get even more damaged.

All of that mean., No one passes anyone. It is too difficult. You hope that the guy in front of you has cooked his tyres. And you pas him that way.

F1 needs to go back to the future. Force car design to be like the 1977-1984. Ban energy harvesting and consider banning DRS.
There is plenty of passing with DRS and battery boost of power.
I do miss the ground control effects from the 80’s cars, F1, Can-Am, the Le Mans cars, They would fly around a Mosport track, Mosport made some of the corners safer, like corner 2, to avoid getting airborne.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
f*** no!!! in the sea?

I will look for it
Here, it's actually no less than Alberto Ascari, double world champion! He may have died not long after this, but not from this particular accident:

The full GP was also available at some point, can't be bothered to look for it right now...

There's a lot of passing these days, except not in Monaco... The problem is that the passing is enabled by DRS; it's almost too easy now and very artificial. Cars are indeed very wide, and they leave an aerodynamic trail that makes it hard to pass without something like DRS...

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Here, it's actually no less than Alberto Ascari, double world champion! He may have died not long after this, but not from this particular accident:

The full GP was also available at some point, can't be bothered to look for it right now...

Unreal.

The CFB images must have been from as early as 1950. The area was so much more crude.
Now that I think of it, they showed the TDF and based upon bib numbers, it was the 1950. So Monaco in 1950!! Not what it would become. And Fangio won the 1950.

The film Showed the 1950 FA cup. It had the Duke of Windsor (King Charles' grand Uncle, the one who abdicated to marry Wallace Simpson).

They showed the 1954 or 1955 Montreal Canadians. A young Jean Beliveau.

It is a miracle no one went into the ocean before 1955, the road was right on the shore.

Reactions: DrEasy

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
We may have had 40 mm of rain dumped on us. It took some 3 hours.

That meant that the greater Ottawa area processed 1.11 x 10^7 l/sec of water flow
For the 3 hours, that is 120 Km^3

We filled a lake, the size of lake Nettilling in Nunavut.

If a lake is 100 M deep, to get to 120 KM, you need it to be 35 x 35 km. WAH.

the Ottawa river is at 1900 M^3/sec. The rain caused a flow of 1100 m^3/sec. The bodies of water around us needed to process at close to 50% added capacity. And will have to drain another 90-120 Km^3 over the next few hours.

WAHHHH! Dam! nature is a beast.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad