SHL/Allsvenskan 2023-2024

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
This is great.

By God, I usually take pride in Luleå losing to the better/best team…

…. But Växjö having success is plain bad for hockey. Please, Rögle, go home and finish them off. Give us an interesting final, leave Växjö be an unfortunate parenthesis in the history books.

Skellefteå-Rögle final?

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
We're not winning against Skellefteå, sorry.

Yeah, looking grim.

But I’m not sure anyone’s beating Rögle this year, this is simply incredible.

Let’s hope they finish the sweep, that Växjö crashes out of the SHL next season, and goes bankrupt. The floorball team can have Vida Arena for themselves, all things relating Växjö to hockey will soon be forgotten.

• Love
Reactions: Aahlstroem

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Yeah, looking grim.

But I’m not sure anyone’s beating Rögle this year, this is simply incredible.

Let’s hope they finish the sweep, that Växjö crashes out of the SHL next season, and goes bankrupt. The floorball team can have Vida Arena for themselves, all things relating Växjö to hockey will soon be forgotten.
For the forth year in a row we've hit a wall in the playoffs and are losing to a team that's simply better. If you're aiming for gold it can't always be a team or two that are clearly one-two steps ahead of you.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I see Brynas took a 1-0 lead, 6-2 win. I can't believe how young some of Djurgarden's forwards are. Brynas have to be favorites to go up.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
I see Brynas took a 1-0 lead, 6-2 win. I can't believe how young some of Djurgarden's forwards are. Brynas have to be favorites to go up.

Saw the game, Djurgården were bad. Brynäs were definitely favorites ahead of the series, now even more resoundingly so. Can’t see Djurgården stealing more than a game maybe.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Silverberg returning might cause a hype in brynäs. If they can get the other boys back home.

Silverberg - Lindholm - Järnkrok
Lindblom - Bäckström - Rödin
Indrasis - Larsson - Ölund
Kvist - Ohlsson - Nordh

Djoos - Söderström
Lindstein - Bertilsson
Benn - Cukste

Markström
Coreau

That would be insane.

• Haha
Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Lackhalak

May 26, 2017
Vimmerby has been promoted to Allsvenskan.

This seems bush league to me. They should start having restrictions on who can be promoted to the top leagues.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
I wouldn't be as excited if the Canucks were playing the Coquitlam Express on the regular

That’s pretty funny, admittedly. I wasn’t excited about Linköping, Växjö and Örebro first joining the SHL, but here we are, and I still am not.

Hey, look… The vast majority of Swedish fans really don’t want “pro licenses”, closed leagues and are completely fine with promotion/relegation, even if that means having to watch Växjö win championships while multiple classic teams and rivalries that people actually care about are in the HA fighting for a single spot in the SHL. Teams from small towns in the backwaters of hockey can make a splash, if they’re good enough. And Vimmerby won the games necessary to earn promotion.

The other thing, though… Hockeyallsvenskan is already bush league, it’s part of its charm that recent SHL teams with star power, competently constructed rosters and well-structured team strategies will have to face off against teams from Haparanda or Nybro playing “gladhockey”. It’s also part of the charm that those little guys are often finding ways to beat teams way above their weight class.

I would have thought it fun if a team or two from Norrbotten were playing in Hockeyallsvenskan, and all of Piteå, Boden and Kiruna have historically fostered great talent. But they have to play better and earn it, like Vimmerby did.

Lackhalak

May 26, 2017
Can’t speak for him, but I think he’s saying he doesn’t want to rid the leagues from promotion/relegation, nor does he care about how much revenue whoever makes the SHL pulls in. What matters is they earned it playing winning hockey.
The SHL draws a lot of good players, you need money to draw good players. It would be terrible to have Vimmerby in the SHL.

The SHL should have better standards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad