• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
So, you take Marner over Wyatt Johnston?
Wyatt isn't going to be a 60 point player in his career. He's just getting started and was basically PPG in the playoffs.

Also, you managed to select the least clutch 100 point player to ever exist in Marner lol. I do think Marner will perform better on another team though in the playoffs. The Leafs were the wrong environment for him.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
My top 5 forwards are:
1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Lindstrom
4. Catton
5. Iginla

I like Lindstrom where he is because the size/athleticism/tools package could really prove to be something very special if he puts it all together at the NHL level. I do have questions about his hockey IQ, but I also had questions about Slafkovsky's (so I could be wrong again lol). I think he's got enough tools to problem solve as the level of competition increases. Also, with his size in our lineup, it gives us some flexibility for adding/keeping smaller players in our roster construction.

I have Catton where he is because he looks like a true dual threat with excellent hockey tools and IQ. He makes high skill plays look very easy at the junior level. He has more than a few tricks up his sleeve and is a constant threat to generate offense with his vision and skills for play execution. I think he'll be able to run a capable PP1 from the half wall in the NHL. His strength and commitment to the physical game will be the barrier for him to reach his potential, so the question is to what extent can he overcome that?

Iginla looks good at 5. I'm not sold on him being a high end playmaker, but I do think he has high end goal scoring ability. His game is quite multidimensional already, so I think he has a very high floor. His game seems quite mature for being one of the younger players in the draft.

The only defenceman I'd feel good about taking with our pick is Levshunov, but I think he's gone by then. If he's there at 5 and we take him (ahead of Lindstrom, Catton or Iginla), I won't be too disappointed.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Nah, both are two of my targets. Both are one of the younger in this draft and got solid weight at their young age. Saying Tij is popular because of his last name is evidence of you don't really know his game. With Eiserman, many are low on him but I'm not. Both are in my top 10.

Watch these videos and tell me Iggy's flaws?

There are no flaws in his game. The vid shows a great offensive forward with all the moves and the hockey IQ.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Lindstrom is big , tall physical so so some people think about Eric Lindros...lollll

At the same age Lindros was 10x better than him..10...

There was no doubt that 88 would be a center in the NHL..

It is really not the case with Lindstrom with his average IQ and vision

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
A comparison to Lindros is a bit much ...
Yep I was joking the other day that Catton reminded me Gretzky cause they have the same weight..one inch difference and Catton has a great IQ and vision...

I was.kidding but when I read often that Lindstrom is a bit like Lindros...I...will become serious with Catton and 99....jeez..

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Galchenyuk and Kotkaniemi, two 3rd overall picks which were horrible choices.
i disagree .
You need to separate the draft and the career. Glachenyuk put a 30 goals when he was 20-21 years old or was it 21-22 ? This part is the important one, because it shows he was a good selection. Then he got injured and came back fat and in a bad shape. It's the beginning of his bad habits , nightlife, addictions and all. Added to the bad influence of his father ( he was texting his recommandations between the periods ...) . This part of his career has nothing to do with the scouting and his selection but is completely on Galchenyuk himself.

KK showed good things when he arrived , but it have been said many times that he wasn't listening to his coaches or the directives . I won't say that he was the best pic at #3, but it wasn't an horrible selection. He didn't progress at all , but it was on him

Reactions: 1909

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Lindstrom is big , tall physical so so some people think about Eric Lindros...lollll

At the same age Lindros was 10x better than him..10...

There was no doubt that 88 would be a center in the NHL..

It is really not the case with Lindstrom with his average IQ and vision
He may not be exactly as good as Lindros but that is the closest comparable to the scout. . And it's not just some random guys thoughts. He was a scout and assistant director of amateur scouting for the Blue Jackets for 12 years.
Other comparisons from media scouts are Hintz, Kreider and Tuch

Reactions: Deebs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lindstrom is definitely my pick at 5 if available with Demidov already off the board. I wouldn't think twice.
Do you think it would be a good idea for the Habs to move up, should Chicago select Demidov?

Reactions: HabbyGuy

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
So what do we give CLB to move up?

That's the question, I'll leave that up to Hughes. You'd think 1 spot shouldn't be too cost prohibitive, and I'm sure Kent won't let Columbus extort us. I guess it all depends on how high Columbus would be on Lindstrom, I can see them being fine with drafting a D and Lindstrom will be there anyway. So they might like the extra asset(s).

I just want to make sure we get our guy as Columbus could go either way.

His size, speed, physicality, and touch around the net would be a great fit on this team.

I love the idea of Dach and Lindstrom on the same line.

It makes me feel all funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
i disagree .
You need to separate the draft and the career. Glachenyuk put a 30 goals when he was 20-21 years old or was it 21-22 ? This part is the important one, because it shows he was a good selection. Then he got injured and came back fat and in a bad shape. It's the beginning of his bad habits , nightlife, addictions and all. Added to the bad influence of his father ( he was texting his recommandations between the periods ...) . This part of his career has nothing to do with the scouting and his selection but is completely on Galchenyuk himself.

KK showed good things when he arrived , but it have been said many times that he wasn't listening to his coaches or the directives . I won't say that he was the best pic at #3, but it wasn't an horrible selection. He didn't progress at all , but it was on him

Galchenyuk wasn't a reach at 3. He self-destructed but only after a 45 game stretch of ppg play at center at age 22 that got derailed by Kopitar taking out his knee.

KK was drafted about seven ranks too high.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Wyatt isn't going to be a 60 point player in his career. He's just getting started and was basically PPG in the playoffs.

Also, you managed to select the least clutch 100 point player to ever exist in Marner lol. I do think Marner will perform better on another team though in the playoffs. The Leafs were the wrong environment for him.
Sennecke reminds me of Johnston. We already tiny enough

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I'm not concerned about who we draft but rather who we don't if Hughes once again uses that pick and other material assets to acquire a player who will supposedly speed up the re-build.

A quick assessment of our roster would confirm that we probably have one of weakest collection of 2nd, 3rd and 4th line players in the NHL. And where is the wave of young forwards who will remedy this deficit? Beck? Florian Xhekaj? Maybe. And who else? This is not the draft to be watering down our potential pool of forward prospects. This is a deep draft where if we choose wisely we can secure a player in the lower third of the first round who will immediately become our best forward prospect.

I just don't want Hughes trying to be the smartest guy in the room at the draft.
I don’t mind taking a swing at an nhl ready prospect/player with those late picks. I like the approach. I’m not a huge Newhook fan, but how likely was it we drafted someone better than him with the picks we gave up?

Reactions: bsl and Runner77

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I don’t mind taking a swing at an nhl ready prospect/player with those late picks. I like the approach. I’m not a huge Newhook fan, but how likely was it we drafted someone better than him with the picks we gave up?
This is a much deeper draft and the chances of us securing a productive player at 26 OA this year is higher than our chances of securing same last year.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad