Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] F Filip Zadina signs with the Sharks (1 year, $1.1M)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I imagine it’s off to Europe for him. He scored a few points for the Sharks but being nothing more than an afterthought on one of the worst forward corps of recent memory should pretty much cement it.

A two-year stint with a rich Swiss club sounds about right. Get paid, inflate your scoring totals in the NL and maybe get some more regular exposure on the Czech NT. He’s still young enough that a couple years abroad rebuilding his reputation puts him in line for another crack at the NHL after that.

Reactions: Cas

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I mean he was projected to go top 3-4. Hindsight is 20/20 but at the time of the draft this was seen as a fantastic pick.
Except for the few teams that saw something and he slid. We were in just as bad a position with a crazy each drafting KK at 3 instead of BT or QH. One of the biggest waste of a pick the Habs have made in years

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
could’ve had Dobson and Seider holding down the top 4 on the right side. Or Hughes and Edvinsson holding down the left side. I wanted Dobson so badly. I hate Tyler Wright so much.

Reactions: Go Wings

Bond

May 10, 2012
Man, props to the guy for betting on himself but I would have kept the money

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I still want the Oilers to sign this guy in the offseason at league minimum. He has the tools to be a the type of cheap depth scorer we're going to need to fill out the roster next year.

Can't be any less productive that Connor Brown was this year.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He was a good pick at the time, looked like a sniper. Sometimes they just don’t develop. I could see the Sharks giving him another year, he’s not expensive and could be depth.

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
I still want the Oilers to sign this guy in the offseason at league minimum. He has the tools to be a the type of cheap depth scorer we're going to need to fill out the roster next year.

Can't be any less productive that Connor Brown was this year.
Still an RFA not UFA. Can't see the sharks not taking him back if he's getting league min

Reactions: Patty Ice

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Still an RFA not UFA. Can't see the sharks not taking him back if he's getting league min
I don't think the Sharks qualify him. If he likes it there, he could easily take the same deal to stay though.

Looking at their roster, wouldn't be surprised if they let him walk away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad