Slovak prospects - Top 10 rankings (updated July 3rd)

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Ok, it´s time to update my personal list of more promising Slovak prospects starting with 2025 draft and later. I wanted to do it a bit earlier as I promised before but I was pretty busy after New Year´s Eve so let´s do it now and also with short write-ups.

Top 10 ranking:

1. Max Melicherik (2029)
- this was the first time when I was thinking if I should place on the 1st position him or the player who is in the second position. But it´s stil Max who is a very rare talent similar to Slafkovsky. And Melicherik is even better than Slaf was in his age (Slaf was a poor skater in 13-15) - but he still has a long long way to go into the draft.

2. Luka Radivojevic (2025) - I was always pretty high on him but his progress in 2023 was incredible and surprised even me. Luka breaks historical records in the Swedish league and national team and I´m pretty sure he´s going to be 1st rounder in 2025. The best skater on this list.

3. Vladimir Dravecky (2026) - he´s thinking the game at a very high level and also his stickhandling technique is great. Only him and Simon Nemec managed to be a decent D-men in Slovak Extraliga in 15. Unfortunately his skating is just average but still at this moment he´s a clearly 1st round talent in my eyes.

4. Oliver Ozogany (2027) - one of my favourites for a long time and I see a ton potential here. After last season I´ve seen him play a much in tournaments and I was impressed a lot. He´s a full package, reminds me Dalibor Dvorsky a bit. I didn´t see his games in USA but his numbers are great there and I´m not surprised.

5. Matus Valek (2027) - completely different player than he was a one year ago. Talent always been there but then he grew up a lot and started to dominate in Slovak junior league like no one before. Not very speedy but excellent playmaker with very good hockey IQ.

----------------------------------------------------------------
the order on these next positions can be interchangeable
----------------------------------------------------------------

6. Adam Nemec (2026) - I put him relatively high in this ranking and reason is his size and projection as a pro-player. He´s strong, good finisher and also brings nice net front presence. He has a pretty good hands and also knows how to win board battles. But everyone knows his skating holds him back and he needs work on this a lot lot lot...

7. Tomas Chrenko (2026) - I can imagine him as a 1st rounder and also he has numbers like a 1st rounder. He´s great offensively, has a perfect hands and probably is the best stickhandler on this list, potential is here. But he´s not a complete player yet, has a muffin shot, avoids physical play and is poor defensively.

8. Tomas Pobezal (2025) - just two words here - stay healthy, please. Unfortunately, everytime when his game has an upward trend and improving is visible, injury is coming. That´s why I´m thinking his body isn´t builded for the NHL but otherwise Pobezal is extremely smart and talented player.

9. Michal Plancar (2026) - another player where I believed for a longer time that he could be on the rise and it´s happening. He has a great work ethic and character, always goes 100%. The best case scenario for him but quite possible - you can get the next Adam Sykora here but with the great size.

10. Tobias Tomik (2026) - here I have a bit hard time to judge him cause last season I saw him as a good goal scorer who cheated it defensively. I think his shot is good so I don´t understand why he´s not able to score more goals this season. He still needs to improve his defense but for example I like him more in shorthanded situations than on the powerplay which is a big surprise for me. Also is a good skater and potential is there although I´m not so high on him than some others maybe.

HM in alphabetical order:

Michal CAPOS (2025), Adam GOLJER (2026), Jan CHOVAN (2025), Timothy KAZDA (2027), Matus LISY (2025), Michal MARSALEK (2026), Samuel PISARCIK (2027), Juraj RAUSA (2027), Andreas STRAKA (2025), Michal SVRCEK (2025).

Oliver Tomastik?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad