Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think Stammer leaves Tampa (though I'd argue both parties would be better off), but if he does, watch Vegas. It was very close once, they'll try again and there is mutual interest.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
People talking about the Leafs blowing up their team if they lose. What can they really even do?

Personally I'm hoping for a sit down interview between Marner and Shanahan similar to what Melnyk and Borowiecki did for the Senators

Toronto needs to add balance to their roster. Trade one forward, Tavares or Marner, then trade for a top defender.. And try to improve the goaltender somehow. That's already contender.

and trade everyone who plays terribly in playoffs for someone who has history of playing well.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I gotta ask you guys something….

What the hell is Silovs?

Excuse me it's pronounced "Silvos"

aHR0cHM6Ly9pbmZvaGYuZncuY2RucHVsbC5jb20vbWFpbl9vcmlnaW5hbF82MDg3NTFhYzA1ZDc1XzM1OTAyNS5qcGc=

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Toronto needs to add balance to their roster. Trade one forward, Tavares or Marner, then trade for a top defender.. And try to improve the goaltender somehow. That's already contender.

and trade everyone who plays terribly in playoffs for someone who has history of playing well.

IMO they should move on from Marner but it gets dicey, even if they somehow parlay a 100-point player into two 50-point players that's a pretty huge downgrade, and it ain't like they have this mythical unicorn center prospect waiting there to take the load off a clearly declining Tavares.

I'm curious to see what they do with the blueline. If it's Treliving he'll just double down on the merry band of brainless thugs he's collected. If it's someone reasonably smarter it shouldn't be too hard to infuse a modicum of speed and skill to what has become one of the slowest defenses in the league.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I can't see NYI dumping Sorokin and rolling with 36-year-old Varly and his history of injuries.
I mean there are other goalies available. Go get Ullmark/Gibson/Markstrom add Marner that roster is improved seeing as how they're not even using Sorokin.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Silovs is the part of the Perbix that emits that vinegary smell when you consume a fresh portion of Raddyish. It's what starts to itch when you catch the Poitras.
Then you have to rush to a pharmacy in your Toyota Fiala to pick up some Pospisil

Reactions: missionAvs

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Too early for teams to get worn down.

If we’re talking Conference and Cup finals, then yeah, but I don’t think a lengthy series here benefits Avs/Jets too much.
Don't you remember 2021? Wild Knights went seven hard games, and Vegas basically rolled over and died in Game 1 against us in order to recoup their energy for the rest of the series. I asked one of buddies after Game 4 what it would take for the Avs to get back into the series and he said, "they need to pause the series and have Vegas play seven games against Minnesota and then restart."

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Basically every NHL team should have this info. But do they?

I learn so much every time I listen to Steve Valiquette

Can you summarize the knowledge please?

That first goal by the Bruins is so preventable by Benoit, just put the puck on the boards and it wont deflect to the slot.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad