Player Discussion: Tanner Jeannot

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
As much a Gary Bettman wants it to be so, I don't think the Panthers are really our most hated rival. Don't get me wrong, they're hated, but it's never developed into something truly fierce IMO. Frankly, they've never been good enough for long enough. Toronto still #1 for me.
The fanbase heat towards Boston has eased a bit, but that's probably still the biggest rival for us.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Toronto is so overrated as a rivalry. They whine too much also. Some of the most physical hockey games I've seen since the days of Detroit-Colorado and Boston-Philly way back when are the KittyKats against our boys.

And knowing this kid, one of the idiots from Miami will do something stupid to see if they can dance with Jannout.

Must
See
TV
Fair points, but IMO for a rivalry to exist at the highest level the teams must also be on a relatively equal and elevated plane in terms of competitiveness for an extended period of time. That has just never been the case for these two teams.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Fair points, but IMO for a rivalry to exist at the highest level the teams must also be on a relatively equal and elevated plane in terms of competitiveness for an extended period of time. That has just never been the case for these two teams.
And we like it that way.:thumbu:

Reactions: Bartleby

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Lawd you guys just gushing over this guy. Splain sumthin to mr Lucy if he is that good in front of the net and deflecting goals why oh why does he only have 5 dingers this year?

Better tamp the breaks a little. At this point if he does not fall when stepping on the ice he is going to recieve hero accolades. This fan base is more experienced than that. It is not often a bottom 6 guy is vaunted like this. Pretty sure we just paid more for him than Coleman and Goody combined. Excuse me for just not seeing value here, not to mention I have seen every NHL game the guy has played. He is physical yes but here is a guy that will be in the box more than Sergi and is only two minutes below Maroon. Some hearts are going to be broken from the high expectations.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Lawd you guys just gushing over this guy. Splain sumthin to mr Lucy if he is that good in front of the net and deflecting goals why oh why does he only have 5 dingers this year?

Better tamp the breaks a little. At this point if he does not fall when stepping on the ice he is going to recieve hero accolades. This fan base is more experienced than that. It is not often a bottom 6 guy is vaunted like this. Pretty sure we just paid more for him than Coleman and Goody combined. Excuse me for just not seeing value here, not to mention I have seen every NHL game the guy has played. He is physical yes but here is a guy that will be in the box more than Sergi and is only two minutes below Maroon. Some hearts are going to be broken from the high expectations.
You shit on Hagel since last season then went quiet. You shit on the Paul trade too. I am all for tempering expectations, but how much more tempered can we get when we are expecting him to be a 15g guy for us in a full season? You are saying he will be worse than that? We managed to get Old Man Perry up to 10 goals this season.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

You know what the saddest part about this is: you've now dug your heels in so hard debating whether this was a bad trade or not that now theres gonna be a part of you that will subconsciously (or consciously) root against him just so you can have your point validated on here.

You know its gonna happen. It happens to everyone. Internet Forum 101 - sometimes root against your own interest to win a debate.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

We traded 2 firsts for coleman which is easily more than this trade

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016

We get it, you don’t like the deal. It was an overpay. Why not enjoy the ride though? The Lightning got better NOW. And NOW, over the next 3 or so years (in addition to the last 7) is probably the best the Lightning will be in our lifetime.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
We traded 2 firsts for coleman which is easily more than this trade

Yeah it looks like a 1st rounder has more value than the rest of the rounds combined. That's true for the first overall and also true for the 15th, 20th, or 32nd if you follow the line across and compare value for each.

Not sure what value Cal Foote had... I'd guess maybe a 3rd or less? So seems like we gave less than 2 first rounders in total value.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You shit on Hagel since last season then went quiet. You shit on the Paul trade too. I am all for tempering expectations, but how much more tempered can we get when we are expecting him to be a 15g guy for us in a full season? You are saying he will be worse than that? We managed to get Old Man Perry up to 10 goals this season.
I'm glad to have Jeannot; I just wonder if we could have negotiated a better price, and I'm worried that our hand are now all the way tied up and, not only do we not have the money to improve the team, but now we don't have the assets.

That said, what's done is done, and I hope the guy plays like a beast. I like that Corey Perry isn't going to be the main guy sticking up for the team, which might actually bring Perry's agitating game to new heights.

I mean, it's unlikely the guy is ever gonna live up to the price we paid, because it's pretty close to a superstar price tag. But I'd be pretty happy if he can be a 35-40 point guy who terrorizes the other team and abuses them physically over a 7 game series.

Any chance we try him in the top-6? As much as we're talking about putting together a nasty 3rd line, I kind of want to see him with Cirelli. And maybe Hagel.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I'm glad to have Jeannot; I just wonder if we could have negotiated a better price, and I'm worried that our hand are now all the way tied up and, not only do we not have the money to improve the team, but now we don't have the assets.

That said, what's done is done, and I hope the guy plays like a beast. I like that Corey Perry isn't going to be the main guy sticking up for the team, which might actually bring Perry's agitating game to new heights.

I mean, it's unlikely the guy is ever gonna live up to the price we paid, because it's pretty close to a superstar price tag. But I'd be pretty happy if he can be a 35-40 point guy who terrorizes the other team and abuses them physically over a 7 game series.

Any chance we try him in the top-6? As much as we're talking about putting together a nasty 3rd line, I kind of want to see him with Cirelli. And maybe Hagel.
Exactly and it has tied the hands of any additions at the trade deadline for a couple years

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Exactly and it has tied the hands of any additions at the trade deadline for a couple years
What out of what we had remaining is stopping us for the next couple years at TDL acquisitions? The 2nd round pick? The 1st in 2 years? Are you crying that we don't have a 3rd, 4th, 5th this year?

This years first and next years is with Chicago for Hagel.

Your logic is massively flawed. Next year we basically have the same assets for TDL than we did this year. So is all the doom and gloom basically about a 2nd round pick?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Don't worry, our 2nd line will be Jeannot-Cirelli-Colton in a couple seasons here, for better or worse.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

I, too, like to base my bad opinions off one game.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I, too, like to base my bad opinions off one game.
Alas this was posted before he even played game one for the Bolts. Could it be that I am from he Nashville area and have seen every game that he has played???????? Naw do tell all Bilts fans are from south Florida………

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad