Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NSH] Lightning reaquire Ryan McDonagh and a 2024 4th rd pick for a 2nd and 7th rd pick

NJBolt

May 1, 2024
1716315801215.png

JBB says forget trying to transition in younger players, its not working, going old school.
July 1st could see Maroon, Tyler Johnson, maybe Shattenkirk on minimum 1 year deals. 😂

Reactions: DaBolts

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

McDonagh on if he ever thought he would be a #Bolt again: "Quite honestly, I didn't really see a scenario of me being back in Tampa while on this contract I am on so, when I was informed of an opportunity, it was hard not to be excited about it. There are mixed emotions. Your heart and everything is kind of all in with Nashville but, at the same time, an opportunity comes up and you have to weigh a lot of options both for myself, selfishly, and my hockey career and for my family and my three kids. At the end of the day, a move back to Tampa is what I feel is best for both of those so that is kind of the driving force here"

McDonagh never wanted to leave in the first place. I would not be surprised in 2 years to see him take a discount to finish his career here.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If we move jeannot and sheary we can sign stamkos and fill the roster
Only if Stamkos signs pretty cheap. Moving Sheary and Jeannot(and factoring in replacements at min level), gives Tampa ~8 million for Stamkos plus 2 additional F. I guess if Stamkos takes 6, there's enough for Motte and another 800k Syracuse guy or league vet, but they now have no room to actually improve F depth in the top/middle 6.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
there are two easy ways to get stamkos for cheap: 8 year contract low aav or 1 year cheap contract with promise of big contract next year

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
we have 5 now,move them we have 10, Sign Stammer for 6-7 and we have 3 mil for some possible good top 6 player (Duclair, or sometthin)
No, they don't. They currently have 5.035 available with 10F, 6D, 2G. If they move Jeannot and Sheary they must replace them, so after 800k replacements they now have 8.1 million available. After moving one of Crozier or Lilleberg back up as the 7D, they.now have 7.3 basically for Stamkos and 2 additional F. There may be enough if Stamkos signs around 5.5, but only for two additional 800k type F. There is.no room now to addtess.the middle 6 F depth.

NJBolt

May 1, 2024
If he can still sign Stamkos, then that's your 8 year deal/low AAV with most of the last 4-5 years assumed as being on LTIR. Probably would do the same with Hedman.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't mean to be an asshole but he can barely play the left side defensively... also his constant mistakes have not improved since he was rookie, so I'm not sure I'm big on that move.
He played plenty of shifts at RD with Heddy. Heddy cleans up most of the mess but the upside is there for offensive One starts. While Serg hasn't been overly impressive in his own end, his offense has continued to improve. He's one of the only dman we have that actually shoots the puck as well.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Nashville just owns all our picks due to some bad mistakes lol

I give JBB kudos for cleaning up the worst mistake he's made as GM...

But my god if we just had dealt Cirelli or Sergachev two years ago instead. Cost us a second to make this reunion happen, I feel like we are kind of just trying to force things here. Two prime cup years gone, IDK, I was really expecting this next year to be our last mediocre season before a full rebuild.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Um... Ok? At least this should help our putrid defense somewhat. Hopefully McDonagh - Cernak still has some gas left in the tank.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah, not washed by any means. He was f***ing solid.
This should hopefully help Vasy too. McD was always on the ice in key situations. Cleared the front of the net, smart defenseman, wasn't affraid to throw the body when needed. We all know what he brings. We just gotta hope 35 isn't the year it all falls apart

Reactions: dechire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad