Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NSH] Lightning reaquire Ryan McDonagh and a 2024 4th rd pick for a 2nd and 7th rd pick

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
This should hopefully help Vasy too. McD was always on the ice in key situations. Cleared the front of the net, smart defenseman, wasn't affraid to throw the body when needed. We all know what he brings. We just gotta hope 35 isn't the year it all falls apart
I have confidence in him. His gap control for being an already not so fast defenseman is fine. McDonagh has an incredibly high hockey IQ. This helps our breakout a ton as well because nobody apart from Hedman and Raddysh (sometimes) can make an outlet pass.

Hanifin was amazing in the playoffs and is a great defenseman, but I take McD over him because we know lines/system with him. This is huge.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Glad to have Mac-truck back. Missed the guy and I have felt like the team has as well. Looking forward to see him back on the right ice in the fall.

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
He played plenty of shifts at RD with Heddy. Heddy cleans up most of the mess but the upside is there for offensive One starts. While Serg hasn't been overly impressive in his own end, his offense has continued to improve. He's one of the only dman we have that actually shoots the puck as well.
Agreed, he does score, which is where most of his value comes from.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Hagel-Point-Kuch
Stamkos-Cirelli-?
Paul-Dowd*Ace
Motte-Glendening-Chaffee

Hedman-Serg
McD-Cernak
Lulleberg-Raddysh
Crozier

*maybe trade for someone like Nic Dowd w/retention. It would be a 650k cap hit and shore up the 3rd line. They could in theory move Paul to line 2 and then roll with the best Crunch prospect option on the 3rd line.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Hagel-Point-Kuch
Stamkos-Cirelli-?
Paul-Dowd*Ace
Motte-Glendening-Chaffee

Hedman-Serg
McD-Cernak
Lulleberg-Raddysh
Crozier

*maybe trade for someone like Nic Dowd w/retention. It would be a 650k cap hit and shore up the 3rd line. They could in theory move Paul to line 2 and then roll with the best Crunch prospect option on the 3rd line.
If you move Jeannot you gotta bring in someone who can fight, or at least be a threat

Reactions: Peacefool

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Great move btw, I love the trade, not really sure we could have done better with a FA option.
Maybe they were betting on that FA option being Hanifin, but once that door closed they had to pivot. Obviously Hanifin's in his prime and McDonagh's on the back end of his career, but McDonagh's cap hit is lower which is more helpful to us for the 2025 season.

Reactions: AHockeyFanatic

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Maybe they were betting on that FA option being Hanifin, but once that door closed they had to pivot. Obviously Hanifin's in his prime and McDonagh's on the back end of his career, but McDonagh's cap hit is lower which is more helpful to us for the 2025 season.
Hanafin was the dream!!! *sigh*

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm not saying it has to be an enforcer.
Maybe, but it's not like we had anyone on those 2020/21 teams either, because I can guarantee that not a single player in this league is scared of Pat Maroon.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
We went from hoping we could get Hanifin as a McDonagh replacement to just getting McD himself lol.

Just hope he has some good years left in him. I’m really excited.

Reactions: DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Seems like our options are:
1) Trade Sergachev
2) Trade Cirelli
3) Let Stamkos walk

With the possibility of also moving Jeannot + Sheary to free up cap room. Also not sure where we stand with Perbix after this.
No on 1. Hell no.

Hell yes on 2.

Maybe on 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad