Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NSH] Lightning reaquire Ryan McDonagh and a 2024 4th rd pick for a 2nd and 7th rd pick

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Trade Cirelli, Jeannot, and a 5th some year for Killer.

Return the balance to the universe.

lets-go-the-rock.gif

• Love
Reactions: CupsOverCash

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Maybe, but it's not like we had anyone on those 2020/21 teams either, because I can guarantee that not a single player in this league is scared of Pat Maroon.
But at least we did have Maroon, Perry and Savard. Idk

Last edited:

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
No thanks to bringing Killorn back, already have a falr.number of high priced older vets,.don't need another.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Keep in mind folks, we have 2 more years of "the core" tops with Hedman and Stammer and now Mac. If we squeeze one more parade out of it, the rebuild is worth it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
My downstairs neighbors had to check on me because I let out the biggest "OH SHIT" and managed to stomp through both bedrooms and bathrooms and the living room uncontrollably celebrating

Seems like our options are:
1) Trade Sergachev
2) Trade Cirelli
3) Let Stamkos walk

With the possibility of also moving Jeannot + Sheary to free up cap room. Also not sure where we stand with Perbix after this.
Maybe Cirelli gets traded but Stamkos ain't walking chief

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If there is actually no retention on this, this is a move I don't like too much.
McD is old, to me it feels a bit like a paniky move.
Doesn’t really matter they think the cap will go up 5 percent in 2025-2026 we still got 5 million in cap space now before we even try to clear more out

My downstairs neighbors had to check on me because I let out the biggest "OH SHIT" and managed to stomp through both bedrooms and bathrooms and the living room uncontrollably celebrating

Maybe Cirelli gets traded but Stamkos ain't walking chief
You don’t give up a 1st and 2nd in 2025 to let stamkos walk or trade cirell plan is to try and keep both

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
With $5M of cap space left and two holes in the lineup to fill, we have no way of filling out the top two scoring lines. Barring other moves, we can only offer Stamkos $4.25 a year and JBB said today he thinks we have the cap space to re-sign Stammer. I have to think that if he’s saying that publicly then he’s got some level of confidence that he’s at least in the right ballpark with Stamkos.

But if JBB’s plan was to upgrade the top4 dmen (mission accomplished) then it is going to have to come at the expense of the top6 forward lines. I certainly don’t see how we make a credible offer to say, Duclair, unless we’ve got at least $3M and Connor Sheary is just not the answer even at 100% health.

Let’s just say we sign Stamkos for $4.25 and leave a spot in the bottom six for a Crunch kid like Koepke, Merela or Gage. Thats it. We’re tapped out. Maybe JBB could entice someone to take Sheary off our hands with the addition of Perbix (and a pick)? But even then, we still aren’t quite close enough to get a Duclair.

I just don’t know how JBB fixes this flawed roster without pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
JBB 2022: We've traded Ryan McDonagh, hopefully Sergachev and Foote can step up.

JBB 2024: That plan has failed, we've re-aquired Ryan Mcdonagh
I guess at least he can admit a mistake (while giving up a 2nd). Now if only he had words for the Jeannot fiasco.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
With $5M of cap space left and two holes in the lineup to fill, we have no way of filling out the top two scoring lines. Barring other moves, we can only offer Stamkos $4.25 a year and JBB said today he thinks we have the cap space to re-sign Stammer. I have to think that if he’s saying that publicly then he’s got some level of confidence that he’s at least in the right ballpark with Stamkos.

But if JBB’s plan was to upgrade the top4 dmen (mission accomplished) then it is going to have to come at the expense of the top6 forward lines. I certainly don’t see how we make a credible offer to say, Duclair, unless we’ve got at least $3M and Connor Sheary is just not the answer even at 100% health.

Let’s just say we sign Stamkos for $4.25 and leave a spot in the bottom six for a Crunch kid like Koepke, Merela or Gage. Thats it. We’re tapped out. Maybe JBB could entice someone to take Sheary off our hands with the addition of Perbix (and a pick)? But even then, we still aren’t quite close enough to get a Duclair.

I just don’t know how JBB fixes this flawed roster without pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
Im not a fan of our bottom six, at all. Like, at all. I think it's one of the worst out of any playoff team. There is no semblance of competency stylistically nor is there really any chemistry or identity. It's ass.

With that said,

Motte - Glendening - Eyssimont/Chaffee

Is probably the most vanilla, yet passable 4th line for its' cost, so its not the end of the world. I like Ace, but I don't think he's 3rd line material, mainly because whoever is behind him is probably not NHL quality, which is kinda why Chaffee is there. Thus, the conundrum. But, if we could get somebody to take Sheary and Perbix, while somehow landing somebody like Sprong, that's huge. Not to mention, McD's game in transition alleviates so much incompetency and bullshittery our defense has done the last two seasons. I will never forget looking at all his plays that directly led to GWG's or game tying goals in our 2020 run. McD to Point against Florida, McD to Kuch against the Isles with no time left, etc. This move helps the entire team.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

If Stamkos was to sign that low, they'd have 785k left. The.exact numbers could be fixed, but there's the 12th F at 800k as well. If they move Jeannot, Sheary and Perbix, that gives them 5.79,.then subtract 1.74 for Lilleberg and Crozier let's say as dmen 6 and 7,.so now 4.05. Sheary and Jeannot get replaced by two guys, and Tampa has 2-2.4 for one F add in that scenario. They could bring back Motte and maybe go after.aoneone Luke Lafferty for the bottom 6, but there's no real way to add an additional top 6 F even in the most optimistic scenario with Stamkos.

Of course, if Tampa is willing to go with just a 21 player roster instead of 22, then there is the possibility, with Stamkos taking the deal you proposed, for Tampa to then spend 3 or a little more on a better middle 6 F with upside. Idk if they want to roll with just 21, but it is an option.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If Stamkos was to sign that low, they'd have 785k left. The.exact numbers could be fixed, but there's the 12th F at 800k as well. If they move Jeannot, Sheary and Perbix, that gives them 5.79,.then subtract 1.74 for Lilleberg and Crozier let's say as dmen 6 and 7,.so now 4.05. Sheary and Jeannot get replaced by two guys, and Tampa has 2-2.4 for one F add in that scenario. They could bring back Motte and maybe go after.aoneone Luke Lafferty for the bottom 6, but there's no real way to add an additional top 6 F even in the most optimistic scenario with Stamkos.
Eric condra bottom six lol with our budget left

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Doesn’t really matter they think the cap will go up 5 percent in 2025-2026 we still got 5 million in cap space now before we even try to clear more out

You don’t give up a 1st and 2nd in 2025 to let stamkos walk or trade cirell plan is to try and keep both
Well I'm sure it is. The only reason McDonagh left is because we didn't have cap space those 2 years. End of story. We never wanted to part with him and this is *almost* as good an outcome as Hanifin but infinitely better than Dumba. Unless he wants to sign for pennies on the 3rd pairing he may have to do what is best for his family and look elsewhere. God knows I understand

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Have to think Serg is going to be traded before his NTC kicks in
It's not necessary anymore. The only reason to trade him was for another defenseman who made less but was similar in ability. We got one for a 2nd and get to keep Serg. We have 6 possibilities at our top 4 that work now.

Hedman-Raddysh/Cernak/Sergachev
McDonagh-Raddysh/Cernak/Sergachev

If Dumba signs for a certain number, he can play 3rd pairing

Trade Perbix and Jeannot

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We also gave up two years of our Cup window.

This trade pisses me off so much!

I have no faith that JBB can get fair value for Sergachev in a deal.
We didn't give up 2 years at all in my opinion. We didn't have money for Serg and McDonagh at the same time. The cap is going up and Stamkos is off the books for his $8.5 million hit. I mean if I blindfold you, tie your ankles and hands and someone says "Alright Schmitz, kick that guy's ass" are you really gonna be able to do it? That's exactly what has been happening to us for 4 years because the cap has been flat since the Truman Administration.

We're probably "this close" to "We're good now"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad