Confirmed Trade: [TBL/NSH] Ryan McDonagh and 2024 4th round pick for 2025 2nd and 2024 7th round picks

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I don't understand the direction Nashville is going in. McDonagh was good this year and also we don't need cap space. Trotz clearly wants to compete now also so I don't see how this makes us better but I guess will take the 2nd round pick?
Part of it for money to re-sign Carrier long-term and then have a bit more flexiblity this summer?

This leaves Lauzon as the #2 LHD after Josi does it not? That seems iffy if the goal is to compete although he (Lauzon) exceeded all expectations this year.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Clears up more cap, probably for a Marner move, a bit of a shock though, he was a very good vet presence. Now we have 2 1sts and 2 2nds next year too. Interesting.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Part of it for money to re-sign Carrier long-term and then have a bit more flexiblity this summer?

This leaves Lauzon as the #2 LHD after Josi does it not? That seems iffy if the goal is to compete although he (Lauzon) exceeded all expectations this year.

We have so much cap, this could've still been done.

Lauzon as 2LD is insane. Canucks made him and Carrier look silly for a lot of that first round.

Reactions: Soundgarden

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
When was the last time there was a significant trade in the middle of the playoffs? I thought it was some unwritten code that trades like these don't happen in the playoffs.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
When was the last time there was a significant trade in the middle of the playoffs? I thought it was some unwritten code that trades like these don't happen in the playoffs.

The league is not a fan of these sort of things, but it is a gap between series now, so it keeps the league in the news without taking away from the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad