Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | Drama Llama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Lol...and people will be up in arms on here when they drop him like a hot potato for a fourth round pick that will never make the NHL...as JR explains, “well, we had too many RWs on the roster”
and then when he goes the way of Tangradi everybody will feel silly for it :laugh:
nwo-4-life-gif-6.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Thought people might be interested in Kingerski’s thoughts on who’s on the trading block...his top three in order are Brassard, Maatta and Jake....

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I looked to see if we had another Jake on the list. We don't :laugh:

It would be f***ing idiotic to trade a guy at 650k for this year and next AND controlled status all because his "effort" hasn't been great. He started slow last year. He started slow this year and still has decent points. Oh and the dude LIGHTS IT UP in the postseason.

I mean how f***ing stupid of a video can that be? Or, if it happens, send the old man to the moon. Fire him immediately. At this point Mario should say "Any trade including Jake needs to be signed off by me."

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Guentzel will be traded when it’s in a package to Edmonton for the guy who cheered for Pittsburgh growing up. Aside from that, not likely. I don’t think he’s untouchable but I mean, I’d trade him for Nylander probably? Maybe?

Yohe’s list is Sprong -> Brassard -> Rust/Sheahan/Hagelin from what I remember. Guentzel is in the unlikely group but not untouchable like the stars.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It would be ****ing idiotic to trade a guy at 650k for this year and next AND controlled status all because his "effort" hasn't been great. He started slow last year. He started slow this year and still has decent points. Oh and the dude LIGHTS IT UP in the postseason.

I mean how ****ing stupid of a video can that be? Or, if it happens, send the old man to the moon. Fire him immediately. At this point Mario should say "Any trade including Jake needs to be signed off by me."

Maybe he got the idea from Ryan Wilson :laugh:

Yeah Jake has had some struggles but if that means he gets 11 points in 15 games you can't really complain (mostly at ES). He put on 10lbs over the summer and has been playing more minutes than previous years. His minutes dropped against Arizona and he looked great. Maybe Sully is looking for that sweet spot in minutes too like he's talked about others in the past.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Guentzel will be traded when it’s in a package to Edmonton for the guy who cheered for Pittsburgh growing up. Aside from that, not likely. I don’t think he’s untouchable but I mean, I’d trade him for Nylander probably? Maybe?

Yohe’s list is Sprong -> Brassard -> Rust/Sheahan/Hagelin from what I remember. Guentzel is in the unlikely group but not untouchable like the stars.

If Nylander didn't want an asinine contract maybe...

I dunno. I'm willing to listen to the idea they'd trade Guentzel for the sake of conversation and out of intellectual curiousity. Rutherford did call him out, so adds a little plausibility.

Quite how we make the team better by trading the guy who's our best left winger and offers the best points per dollar ratio on the team is a poser though.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It would be ****ing idiotic to trade a guy at 650k for this year and next AND controlled status all because his "effort" hasn't been great. He started slow last year. He started slow this year and still has decent points. Oh and the dude LIGHTS IT UP in the postseason.

I mean how ****ing stupid of a video can that be? Or, if it happens, send the old man to the moon. Fire him immediately. At this point Mario should say "Any trade including Jake needs to be signed off by me."

The only way I see Jake getting traded is if he asks for 7 mil.

Even then I’d probably move Kessel before him.

Let’s all remember my idea for Bennett for Jake was Bennett + the Flames 1st.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I kinda want to listen and hear his explanation but I also don't want to encourage that sort of thing with clicks.

There isn't a coherent one. Basically just that Jake has been inconsistent in the regular season and probably has a lot of value around the league.

Hey maybe we can trade Jake to some other team for their Jake!

Reactions: PaulD and Ogrezilla

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Considering what Jake brings and his production and that he makes peanuts he is absolutely in the non-tradeable group. As soon as he signs his new contract he automatically goes to the can be traded group with the rest of them, but that's a whole other discussion.

Reactions: wej20

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
There isn't a coherent one. Basically just that Jake has been inconsistent in the regular season and probably has a lot of value around the league.

Hey maybe we can trade Jake to some other team for their Jake!

I feel stupider just for reading that. That'll teach me to be careful about what I ask.

The best case I can make for trading Jake is that he could be the one asset that gets the attention of someone selling something amazing. But since I haven't heard about San Jose's intention to flip Karlsson with an agreed contract extension...

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I THINK Kingerski was putting it in terms of "the most valuable pieces of the underperforming supporting cast".
Threw Jake in there to prove the point mainly...
Don't necessarily believe he thinks he'd be dealt.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

I would take Jake over Nylander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad