Player Discussion: The Elvis Thread

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Well that's disappointing.

I don't disagree with Waddell that Elvis has the talent to be a #1 goalie. He might get back there. I just think it's a waste of organizational energy to get him there, including that it is a drag on our locker room. We should just buy him out and put someone in net that the players are excited to play for.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Well that's disappointing.

I don't disagree with Waddell that Elvis has the talent to be a #1 goalie. He might get back there. I just think it's a waste of organizational energy to get him there, including that it is a drag on our locker room. We should just buy him out and put someone in net that the players are excited to play for.
I would assume if any mention of toxicity comes up in meeting with the players, he may reconsider this idea. That being said,
He might be the guy who rekindles the fire in Elvis. It only takes an encounter with the right person.
this is also a possibility, albeit a more unlikely one.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I hate the Steelers but I respect Mike Tomlin as a coach. Reminds me of this quote from him in an interview.

"I love coaches who resist the responsibility of coaching, that talk negatively about a dude that can't learn."

"Man...if everyone could learn, we'd need less coaches. If the group didn't need management, then we wouldn't make as much.

"I don't run away from coaching. I run to coaching."

"It's all in line with not seeking comfort, because when you are a coach and you're talking about someone that can't learn, you're seeking comfort because your teaching is struggling."

Reactions: LJ7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad