The greatest Vancouver Canuck comebacks

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I'm curious as to what are the greatest single game comebacks in both the regular season and the playoffs for this club. Not sure where to find that info.

Also: I was watching this video tonight, and it's pretty amazing seeing how few fans were left at this game when Tracy McGrady went into beastmode and propelled Houston to come back and win. I mean, half the building had gone home!

It got me thinking... does anyone have any fave memories of being at a game when many people had left, and then the Canucks scored some goals to come back and win it?

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
I remember the 5-1 comeback...great game even though we lost in OT. The Leafs were good back then.

Personally I like Game 1 of the 2nd round against Minnesota in 2003...Cooke ties it up with seconds left and Klatt scores in OT.

Danrik

It is what it is.
Oct 17, 2006
Super Surrey, BC

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I don't really recall any miraculous comebacks.

Maybe the one game against the Sharks in the 2011 playoffs? can't recall which one off the top of my head, the one where Salo got 2 back-to-back powerplay goals.

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
This was during a really long unbeaten streak against a really good Red Wings team.

I was in Vancouver during spring break from college visiting friends and we went out to drink and eat dinner. Got pissed off at 3-0, but decided to stay in a pretty empty restaurant and were definitely rewarded.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore?gid=2003021805

That was the game where Detroit cleared the puck into the corner and it bounced off the referee's skate to Naslund - who tied it up.

It's usually never an issue and happens in every game, but I remember since it was Detroit, TSN made a big deal about it and there was debate about the incident too. Those were the days when Detroit was the crown jewel of the NHL.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This was during a really long unbeaten streak against a really good Red Wings team.

I was in Vancouver during spring break from college visiting friends and we went out to drink and eat dinner. Got pissed off at 3-0, but decided to stay in a pretty empty restaurant and were definitely rewarded.

I watched this game in the Black Bear Pub in North Van. Full house to start, emptied at 3-0, everyone who stayed behind got a beer on the house when Malik capped off the comeback. Suffice to say that game sticks in my memory. :D

NICE find! I'd searched for a video of this game for ages. Too bad they skipped some of the Canuck goals. Also, LOL at "Brian Sopel".

When Brian Burke gets re-hired as the GM of the Canucks.:sarcasm:

Not to me; but my vote does involve the Laffs....

1) Decent come from behind (down 3-0)
2) Win sends us to the Finals and send the Laffs to the golf course....

Solid choice. I also agree that the whole 94 Series vs. Calgary needs to be in this discussion.

Tanevian*

Was that the game that Klatt scored a goal off of a skate? I think I watched that game in SF, it may have been the first time I saw a wall of flat screens showing hockey.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
When Brian Burke gets re-hired as the GM of the Canucks.:sarcasm:

Not to me; but my vote does involve the Laffs....

1) Decent come from behind (down 3-0)
2) Win sends us to the Finals and send the Laffs to the golf course....

good call. I would probably go with this too, considering the importance of the game.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
They have come back from 4 goals down twice to win:

Jan 16, 73 vs TOR 0-4 8:35 2nd 6-4
Scored 6 straight, Bruce Bullock outlasts Jacques Plante.

Oct 15, 71 at CGS 1-5 17:44 1st 9-6
Outscored Seals 8-1 in last 43:26.

and twice to tie:

Oct 24, 2000 at NSH 0-4 17:20 2nd 4-4 OT
Morrison scored with :35 left in 3rd.

Feb 5, 1977 at MIN 0-4 6:40 2nd 5-5
Sedlbauer scored with :37 left in third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad