OT - NO POLITICS The Leaves,They Are a Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Lord of the Rings fans - this is so amazing, I have to share it. I would sit mesmerized for hours watching it if I had one.

1698838936085.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Lord of the Rings fans - this is so amazing, I have to share it. I would sit mesmerized for hours watching it if I had one.

View attachment 761126
These are awesome.

You probably need to have a little property to use this or your neighbors may call the cops on you lol. I know neighbors both growing up and now would have 100% called the cops if we had one of these.

• Wow
Reactions: caz16

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Have had 3 pieces of candy today. So it begins
We still had half a bag or so when it REALLY slowed down last night, so the last kids we thought we might got see got the ol "open up that pillowcase, I'm gonna dump the bowl" treatment. So we thankfully don't have any candy left in the house. Loved your pics too. The kids looked awesome, and got quite the haul!

Reactions: GordonHowe

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
We still had half a bag or so when it REALLY slowed down last night, so the last kids we thought we might got see got the ol "open up that pillowcase, I'm gonna dump the bowl" treatment. So we thankfully don't have any candy left in the house. Loved your pics too. The kids looked awesome, and got quite the haul!
Funny you mention that. On our walk back home there was an older couple that begged the kids to come over. It was just one house off the corner that we had to turn to Go home

That house gave them the “open up the pillowcase I’m gonna dump the whole bowl” treatment lol. Kids walked up with zero energy, but walked away on cloud 9

I keep telling myself, don't go to the store and looks for discounted chocolate. Luckily the car is in to get winter tires on, if they take long enough, it will be gone. I have zero will power.
I can’t see it. If i walk by it, I’m eating it. Every time. Right now there’s a gallon ziploc bag at their mother’s house full of the good stuff. I’m glad it’s there, and not with me. It’s going to make my pick ups and drop offs very…indulgent though. I’m there at least twice a day

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
9 years married today. Steaks, au gratin potatoes and green beans on the menu at home tonight; next year, Barbados for #10.

Unsolicited advice: marry someone you enjoy hanging out with that values the same things as you do. The rest is gravy.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
9 years married today. Steaks, au gratin potatoes and green beans on the menu at home tonight; next year, Barbados for #10.

Unsolicited advice: marry someone you enjoy hanging out with that values the same things as you do. The rest is gravy.
Congratulations!! Sounds delicious, may you have many more anniversaries together!

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

yasssss

Reactions: Mione134 and Kate08

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I saved a pnut M and M and a kit kat for myself for later. I have been doing well with my eating and am just not interested in sweets as much. If you were handing out croissants, we'd have a problem.

Reactions: eightspokedb

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Doing a work type event today that is across the valley. my back hurts, my head hurts and I'm tired. But...I've worked with my own trauma enough to know that my body is just throwing up resistance for stepping into this larger community of trauma support professionals. Sometimes we want good change and because our system sees it as "unsafe", we back off.

My nervous system doesn't like the new expansion because it feels like risk.
Silver shoes on...I'm going.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm in the middle of open enrollment prep, plus prep for a recruitment fair next week. :help:

View attachment 761187
Our open enrollment started Monday. Thankful for no cost increase or any real changes.

I’m in the middle of I9 recertifications and very much regret not blocking off more breaks. I’m working until 8pm the rest of this week and next.

Pass the cookies

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Our open enrollment started Monday. Thankful for no cost increase or any real changes.

I’m in the middle of I9 recertifications and very much regret not blocking off more breaks. I’m working until 8pm the rest of this week and next.

Pass the cookies
We are switching dental and life insurance plans. They are improved plans, but of course more administrative work for open enrollment.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
We are switching dental and life insurance plans. They are improved plans, but of course more administrative work for open enrollment.
Of course there’s more work for you to do. It always happens that way. Make an improvement.somewhere and the extra admin stuff falls into your lap.

Silver lining is that you’ve got improved insurance so yay!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Pass the cookies
Did you do the virtual I9 process during Covid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad