Player Discussion The Underrated Brock Boeser

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Despite his wonderful year, the Canucks have some hard decisions to make on Boeser. He's heading into his UFA season, at which point he's due a raise on his $6.5m salary.

I suppose there's a chance the Canucks re-sign him. But you'd have swallow hard if the contract 'ask' is $7-8m a season.

With Hughes needing a new contract down the road, and the need to rebuild the blueline again, you have to ask yourself if that amount of money makes sense for a guy who's only broken through the 30-goal barrier once in his career.

Allvin and Rutherford have proven they'll pursue just about any deal that they feel will improve the hockey club. That means almost anyone not named Pettersson, Hughes and Miller, should be on the table.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I suppose there's a chance the Canucks re-sign him. But you'd have swallow hard if the contract 'ask' is $7-8m a season.

Lol you got to be kidding me. The one guy who who surpassed all expectations this year. Our best player in the playoffs (between him and Miller & Miller’s game was effected negatively without him in game 7), one of the few players that plays heavy and wins board battles, one of the few players that doesn’t coast and play on the perimeter, really rounded out his 2-way game, was used in key defensive situations, great character, Big goals during crunch time, extremely clutch.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Despite his wonderful year, the Canucks have some hard decisions to make on Boeser. He's heading into his UFA season, at which point he's due a raise on his $6.5m salary.

With Hughes needing a new contract down the road, and the need to rebuild the blueline again, you have to ask yourself if that amount of money makes sense for a guy who's only broken through the 30-goal barrier once in his career.

Allvin and Rutherford have proven they'll pursue just about any deal that they feel will improve the hockey club. That means almost anyone not named Pettersson, Hughes and Miller, should be on the table.

If he has a season anywhere close to the one he just had, if he only wants 7 million you take that and run. 40 goals, an excellent playoffs and quality 2 way play at 27 years old for 7 million would be an f'n steal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad