HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Good quote

As former Canadien Chris Nilan said several times this season on The Gazette’s Hockey Inside/Out Show, the team needs “more men.”

The intensity and physicality in the playoffs is always above and beyond what we see during the regular season. As former Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin liked to say, there are some players who get you to the playoffs and some who get you through the playoffs.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Who knows when we will be picking #5 again .Unless some team offers something real good and it wont happen so you use the pick

Reactions: Rozz

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Good quote

As former Canadien Chris Nilan said several times this season on The Gazette’s Hockey Inside/Out Show, the team needs “more men.”

The intensity and physicality in the playoffs is always above and beyond what we see during the regular season. As former Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin liked to say, there are some players who get you to the playoffs and some who get you through the playoffs.

The same Chris Nilan whose playoff production was 1/2 his regular season output?

Probably not the best guy to go to for advice on what it takes to step up come playoff time... Ditto Bargainbin lol

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Grit and toughness worked so well the year we got King, Ott and Martinsen...

What we still need first and foremost is skill. After that, we can upgrade on the grit element in our bottom 6.
I think possibly he holds them in skill but not everybody the size of Gomer

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think possibly he holds them in skill but not everybody the size of Gomer

The only small guy in our mid-term top6 is Caufield and we have a 6'3" and 6'4" guy. As long as the final guy to comple Caufield, Suzuki, Slaf, Newhook and Dach isn't small, we won't have a small top6 (at least not to the level of the previous 30 years).

In the up and coming forward prospects, Farrell is the only small guy.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The only small guy in our mid-term top6 is Caufield and we have a 6'3" and 6'4" guy. As long as the final guy to comple Caufield, Suzuki, Slaf, Newhook and Dach isn't small, we won't have a small top6 (at least not to the level of the previous 30 years).

In the up and coming forward prospects, Farrell is the only small guy.
About time
Good post

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

What we still need first and foremost is skill. After that, we can upgrade on the grit element in our bottom 6.
But it did without a doubt help in 2021 playoffs …

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021

Ott and King never played in the NHL again after their stints with the Habs and Martinsen played only 33 more NHL games.
Those were bad trades for bad players by a bad GM.
Many teams added size and grit for the playoffs again this year.

We absolutely need offensive skills, skills with size would be best.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
I saw this picture on the main board.

1716347271431.png

Kent needs to be spamming this during the negotiations.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Trading Matheson would be one step back (in the hunt to improve our regular season standings) but maybe two steps forward (asset management) if we want to be super pragmatic. But the connection Hughes has to Matheson makes it not very encouraging to think about potential trades away.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Still would leave the door open for CGY to sweep in and make a massive offer to the Sens and Utah.

Habs can’t use these kind of strategies if Iginla is the target. CGY will do anything to get him. Take him at 5 (if he’s their BPA) and make some other deal to land a second high pick, say 11-16.

Risky yes. I'm only engaging on some conversations to move down if Iggy is not our prime target. He is mine so I'm like 95% staying at 5.

Reactions: vokiel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad