USMNT - 2026 World Cup Cycle

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I kinda disagree. With Kane and Toney having great seasons (and Nketiah), the competition for England is higher.
The longer he goes without signing for USMNT, the less likely it is that he will sign for USMNT

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't think this is true. I think the longer he's a free agent, the more likely it is he signs with USMNT
No way. His stock is going up. The higher his stock gets the less chance that he settles on USA. He could go Nigeria too. All he is doing is giving himself more options

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
No way. His stock is going up. The higher his stock gets the less chance that he settles on USA. He could go Nigeria too. All he is doing is giving himself more options
He's never been involved with Nigeria's set up before, unlike England and the US. His stock is going up, for now, but if he's playing like this and still not getting called up by England, then it gets to a point where he might start to feel that he'll never get called up.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's never been involved with Nigeria's set up before, unlike England and the US. His stock is going up, for now, but if he's playing like this and still not getting called up by England, then it gets to a point where he might start to feel that he'll never get called up.
Right but England is the favorite until he makes the switch. He hasn’t made the switch yet. If he feels he is too good for USMNT now, he simply doesn’t have to make the switch. The issue is that USA has to do work for him. England doesn’t

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I for sure think we could able court him, but I think the biggest obstacle right now is the lack of a sporting director/ head coach at the moment. The only thing we can offer him at the moment is that he could walk into the team and be the starter, otherwise we don't have a direction with how the team is going to play. I do think the longer that he's not with us, the less likely he'll be with us. Cause once he goes back to Arsenal and back to England and continues where he left off in France he'll get more pressure to stay with England.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Right but England is the favorite until he makes the switch. He hasn’t made the switch yet. If he feels he is too good for USMNT now, he simply doesn’t have to make the switch. The issue is that USA has to do work for him. England doesn’t
And the longer the favorite goes without winning, the better a chance of an upset.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And the longer the favorite goes without winning, the better a chance of an upset.
I don’t agree. He’s just giving more reasons for England to not ignore him. They are in the drivers seat

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Cause once he goes back to Arsenal and back to England and continues where he left off in France he'll get more pressure to stay with England.
He's third string at Arsenal right now, and there's no reason to think he scores at the same pace in the EPL. I'm a fan of Balogun, but Lacazette didn't set the EPL on fire and he's one goal behind Balogun. Alexis Sanchez looked terrible at the end of his EPL career and has 9 goals as not-a-striker

I don’t agree. He’s just giving more reasons for England to not ignore him. They are in the drivers seat
Which is exactly my point. If he keeps doing this and they don't call him up, then the question becomes what more must he do and he could very easily become frustrated. I think if he makes a decision in the short term, it's England. Hence the longer it goes, the better.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Henry says he’d take the job. I’d take a date or two with a supermodel, but I’m not sure it’s gonna happen

Henry would seems like another Klinsmann. A name, good on camera, not sure they have any manager skills.

Rumors of a friendly with Mexico in April. Not in a FIFA window and we probably won’t have a full time manager. Not sure of the point other than make some money of Mexican-Americans.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Henry would seems like another Klinsmann. A name, good on camera, not sure they have any manager skills.

Rumors of a friendly with Mexico in April. Not in a FIFA window and we probably won’t have a full time manager. Not sure of the point other than make some money of Mexican-Americans.
I means that’s all our federation cares about

Reactions: KlausJopling

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
US U-17 win there quarterfinal which also qualified them for U17 World Cup. Figueroa another 2 goal before he was subbed off. 6 goal which is tied for tournament lead. Hard to tell who the best US players are because we rotate a ton.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Very telling that no one wants this job

they can’t give it away

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Investigation into Berhalter complete, but the Reyna's are the ones who are coming out way worse in this. The family's reputation is completely in the toilet now.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
It's a shame, Reyna's been good this year at Dortmund, still doesn't play a lick of defense but he's got very good offensive numbers/minute, and it's not like you guys have a wealth of offensive options. What do you think this means for his NT future?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It's a shame, Reyna's been good this year at Dortmund, still doesn't play a lick of defense but he's got very good offensive numbers/minute, and it's not like you guys have a wealth of offensive options. What do you think this means for his NT future?
Nothing, unless Berhalter is the head coach and decides to be vindictive.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

I think all the issues surrounding Gio got dealt with at the World Cup. Its probably a bit awkward since everyone involved in the team knows about his parents now, but I think he walks into that room with a clean slate with the nations league later this month.

But ultimately its up to him with how he reacts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad