News: Waddell says negotiations with Nikishin are “a work in progress” and that’s “it’s not dead” for next season.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
This is interesting. The best case scenario would be us getting Nikishin over while we have Orlov and Kuznetsov (and Kochetkov and Svechnikov) in the fold, so he could adjust to both the NHL game and American culture with friendly comrades. He could also slot in to replace one of the inevitable D we will lose this summer (Pesce, Skjei, Chatfield, and DeAngelo all UFAs).

However, this also could be posturing, possibly. It's possible this gives the Canes a tiny bit of leverage in contract negotiations with one of those free agents for next year. It's unlikely those UFAs will take less than market value, even on a contenting team, but this makes it sliiiightly more likely.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Nikishin is an Oct 2001 birthday. Per cba rules he would currently be deemed a 22 year old with the Sept 15 cutoff. Thus would be required to do a 2 year elc. Same length he would need to sign a year from now as well as a 23 year old.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Would be pretty stoked to see the best prospect come into the league next season.

Everything about him seems like he has a high ceiling and a high floor. I'd be fairly surprised if he can't even be a solid bottom pairing dman.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
Would be pretty stoked to see the best prospect come into the league next season.

Everything about him seems like he has a high ceiling and a high floor. I'd be fairly surprised if he can't even be a solid bottom pairing dman.
I don’t think he will be a top pairing dman in NHL but I could see him a good 2nd pairing dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad