GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Giving me some 2011 Boston PTSD...
Canucks can only. Barely squeak in 1 goal wins. But other team can completely dominate us.

I know that's not how this series went. But dropping the last 2 game by blowouts seem very plausible.

The obvious lack of energy was the reason why I shut it off. You could just see it wasn't going to happen tonight. Similar to 2011.

I literally have zero confidence going into Game 7.

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Another screen goal, Woodley literally pointed out this weakness at the end of the nashville series. Maybe the Oilers are actually looking for it now.
He should have been out of the game for the start of the 3rd. That's one thing Tocchet does not seem to understand.

Reactions: mossey3535

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Yes Demko needs to go in. Hurt or not lol get ready buddy “next man up”

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Almost a 'guaranteed loss' night. No way the Oilers were going out of the playoffs on home ice.

Tocchet said they'd need their best game of the series to get it done.....probably foreshadowing that if they didn't get it, they were likely to lose.

The value of these playoffs so far is that young guys like Hughes and Pettersson are finding out what it takes to win in the playoffs....and that all the room and soft play during the regular season disappears.

So if they crash out Monday, at least they've learned some valuable playoff lessons.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I'm as frustrated as all of you, but we're seeing an incomplete team that has over achieved this year, and as shitty as this game has been, tell me you wouldn't have taken a round 2 game 7 against the Oilers before the season started

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Guys. Stop calling for Demko. He's not even skating with the damn team. Rushing in a guy who hasn't played in over a month and likely still isn't ready would just be ugly.

We're winning or losing sudden death with the guy who got us there.
Yep this is Silovs’ team. We live or die by Silovs.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
The obvious lack of energy was the reason why I shut it off. You could just see it wasn't going to happen tonight. Similar to 2011.

I literally have zero confidence going into Game 7.
Yeah I found myself yawning in the 2nd period and figured that was a sign. I can tell the difference between a game in which they're down two goals but still very much in, and a game they're down and not in at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad