What do you want from the Jackets' next GM?

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Every time I think about this hiring provess it makes me anxious that the man leading the gm search is the same guy who thinks HHOF players & Hitchcocks opinions on Babcock are good and sufficient research on the subject. So disgustingly ignorant and narrow-minded.

Imagine how the GM search will go if JD has a candidate he likes. He'll be asking all the old boys club members who love 90s Red Wings how good of a GM Holland is. Really should have beed fired with Jarmo.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Every time I think about this hiring provess it makes me anxious that the man leading the gm search is the same guy who thinks HHOF players & Hitchcocks opinions on Babcock are good and sufficient research on the subject. So disgustingly ignorant and narrow-minded.

Imagine how the GM search will go if JD has a candidate he likes. He'll be asking all the old boys club members who love 90s Red Wings how good of a GM Holland is. Really should have beed fired with Jarmo.
I therefore recommend no longer thinking about it, if it's bothering you that much.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Could this search please end soon so at least the belly aching is about a known event and not just some fictional idea that seems to be reality to some of you? It has become such a challenge to read these boards I think I'll just take a break myself until there is actual news. Y'all are ridiculous sometimes.
Fair, but also I'd be disappointed if the board was just dead for 2 months because speculation and fanfictions are disallowed

I therefore recommend no longer thinking about it, if it's bothering you that much.
Nah, it was an exaggeration. Just couldnt find better words for it. Basically I am haunted by Babs, let's just leave it at that.

Last edited:

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
If you've been here long enough, you know this board will not be dead for 2 months. Just a shift in our concerns, shortcomings and wild speculations based on unfound fears of the unknown.
Yeah I didnt mean the board is currently dead in any way. My point was just that the specualtions, fictional trades and colorful takes are what keep the board active during the slow periods. And I think that's a good thing even though it can get repetitive and boring.

Been writing unclearly lately, so that's my bad. Felt like Viqsi threw a virtual tomato at me when my initial comment on JD turned out a bit over dramatic, lol

Reactions: Xoggz22

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Have we been looking at the wrong Hunter?

Hunter got her start with the Chicago Blackhawks in 2016, being hired in the hockey operations department. From there, she would start getting promoted quickly. In 2020, she was given the title of Dir. of Hockey Administration and was also a scout. She would hold those positions until 2022.

In 2022 Hunter was again promoted. This time to Asst. General Manager under GM Kyle Davidson. Some of the job responsibilities include managing the Hawks’ salary cap space, managing the hockey operations budget, daily operations, executing contracts, team security, player services, scouting, roster construction, and daily player transactions. She's also the principal contact between the team and NHL HQ. Hunter also looks over the salary cap, compliance, and works closely with the coaching staff and the player development staff.

However I do believe that we'll end up grabbing someone who has been an NHL GM before.

If we don't, there are a few interesting options.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad