Winnipeg Jets going into the 24/25 season

What do you feel is the top Priority for 2024-2025?

• New Special Team Coach (replace Lauer)

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • New Head Coach (replace Bowness)

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Replace both coaches (replace Bowness and Lauer)

Votes: 68 43.6%
  • New General Manager (replace Cheveldayoff)

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Trade Forwards/picks for improved Defense core. (Replacements for Pionk & Stanley)

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Improved process to integrate youth (mostly our prospects) into the NHL club and give longer leash

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • Ensure strong Back-up Goalie (like Brossoit) and give MINIMUM of 30 games (Load Mgmt for Helly)

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Trade Vezina Helly if we get a great offer

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Create time travel (or borrow this current tech from the CIA) and bring back Prime Byfuglien

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Trade multiple Players for picks - start mini Re-build

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I think that Dillon moving on isn't the end of the world. The logjam at LHD is well known and established. Snerg can slot into the second pairing there no problem

You can't re-sign all your 30+ year old vets and make room for young talent at the same time. This signals to me that Ville has a spot on the team next year (if true)

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
I think that Dillon moving on isn't the end of the world. The logjam at LHD is well known and established. Snerg can slot into the second pairing there no problem

You can't re-sign all your 30+ year old vets and make room for young talent at the same time. This signals to me that Ville has a spot on the team next year (if true)
Team toughness would sure take a hit. Something were already lacking imo.

Right decision. Soft and disappears in the playoffs. If we can get a solid top 4 d-man i'd be happy.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
They are going to regret this one if they let him walk IMO.
Strange that they haven’t had any talks whatsoever, but Dilly’s camp might want more term than the team will offer him at his age. He’s got the grit you need for the playoffs and isn’t a liability, he’s definitely a good player to keep around for 1-2 more years.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I can’t believe the playoffs aren’t even over and we have the mid summer madness taking hold. Jets finish in 4th place and we have people wanting a rebuild :laugh:. Just throw whatever “youth” into the line up and in Unicornlandia they will magically all succeed and one day we might become …….wait for it….a top 10 team.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
I can’t believe the playoffs aren’t even over and we have the mid summer madness taking hold. Jets finish in 4th place and we have people wanting a rebuild :laugh:. Just throw whatever “youth” into the line up and in Unicornlandia they will magically all succeed and one day we might become …….wait for it….a top 10 team.
A top 4 team that continues to shit the bed in the playoffs year after year(historically this season). Trading Ehlers is hardly a rebuild. This team needs new blood and a shakeup. The old blood aint cutting it.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Strange that they haven’t had any talks whatsoever, but Dilly’s camp might want more term than the team will offer him at his age. He’s got the grit you need for the playoffs and isn’t a liability, he’s definitely a good player to keep around for 1-2 more years.
Totally agree, right now he's our only defenseman with size and toughness and a little skill . Would rather keep him and somehow trade Schmidt and his 6 million a year contract, they can have Stanley too.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Well, we're definitely changing the HC, maybe moving Ehlers, probably not re-signing our #3 defenseman, and not sure what's going on with the UFAs (Monahan? DeMelo? But Brossoit, Toffoli and Miller are likely gone). Lots of balls in the air...

Of course last year at this point it looked like all of Dubois, Scheifele and Hellebuyck were going...

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Dillon turns 34 in November

We already have Schief, Helle, Lowry, Nino, Demelo (hopefully), Schmidt (hopefully not), and Namestnikov who are over 30 on the roster for next season. Jomo is less than a year away as well.

If we're gonna start inserting some youth into the line up, we can't keep everyone

I love Dillon but I'd like to see a left side of Jomo, snerg and heinola to start the season

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
the answer for how the Jets can supposedly be like Dallas right now:

- top talented vets - our Seguin and Benn equivalents (so, 2 of scheifele, connor or ehlers) - should be demoted and replaced with prospects
- play perfetti, or samberg more (both were a bunch of nothings in the POs)
- insert Heinola

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Dillon turns 34 in November

We already have Schief, Helle, Lowry, Nino, Demelo (hopefully), Schmidt (hopefully not), and Namestnikov who are over 30 on the roster for next season. Jomo is less than a year away as well.

If we're gonna start inserting some youth into the line up, we can't keep everyone

I love Dillon but I'd like to see a left side of Jomo, snerg and heinola to start the season

Well said. I like Dillion but he's getting up there in age. We also have Snerg who has put in the time and should be able to handle the second pairing role.

It also opens a spot on the left for Ville and clears some cap for a pote trial move to upgrade at RD.

Reactions: aqsw

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
Pionk Snerg was a disaster pairing from what I saw. In fact Snerg hasn't looked good with anyone except maybe Schmidt at times.

Blow it up and start over.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Well said. I like Dillion but he's getting up there in age. We also have Snerg who has put in the time and should be able to handle the second pairing role.

It also opens a spot on the left for Ville and clears some cap for a pote trial move to upgrade at RD.
I’d rather keep Dillion than pionk and Schmidt, but, we are where we are.

Reactions: Jets 31

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'm shocked how much positivety there is in here about Dillon.

Thought that guy was donezo.
To be fair, how does that him any different than any of our other players? It’s impossible to be negative about all of them for a team who finished 4th in regular season.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

34 getting up there lol yeah in hockey years yes , in life it’s the best time of your life
30-45

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If Ehlers leaves and unless one of the younger players makes a leap forward. The Jets could be thrown back to the stone age of 20-22 Jets, forget playoffs, the regular season might be in danger.
1. I think you're overestimating his impact on the team as a whole
2. A lot depends on what we get back for him

Losing one top 6 guy shouldn't completley cripple us. Much of his production could be made up for with a respectable power play. Add that to the production of his replacement (which won't be zero) and the potential upgrading of the defense if that's the return

It's not like he's McDavid

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
1. I think you're overestimating his impact on the team as a whole
2. A lot depends on what we get back for him

Losing one top 6 guy shouldn't completley cripple us. Much of his production could be made up for with a respectable power play. Add that to the production of his replacement (which won't be zero) and the potential upgrading of the defense if that's the return

It's not like he's McDavid
I like Ehlers too but he's done nothing in the playoffs for us. I would like to keep him but if we could get a number 2 defenseman for him i think you do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad