World's Wild dudes

Who do you think scores most points of the Wild players?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So last night Zucc, boss on team Norway, had a passionate meeting with his boys. It must have been some piece of mentoring, because today his team really showed up and blew the Brits out of the building. Mission accomplished...no relegation.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Canada vs GB: 4-2
Norway vs GB: 5-2

Don't underestimate the Brits, not at the top level yet, but will be back I'm sure.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Boldy with a goal and primary assist to maintain the tourney scoring lead in a 6-3 win against Latvia. Played excellently again, just so efficient with the puck, every touch seems to lead to an opportunity generated.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Crazy that they were able to quiet that Great Britain buzzsaw.
I want to laugh at this so bad, and actually I did chuckle a little, but GBR was surprisingly respectable in this tournament. They may not have gotten unexpected wins (debatably), but they rarely got blown out, either. They beat Austria, they took Denmark to the wire, and even held up to a degree against some of the best teams in the tournament. A gutsy effort by the Brits, credit where it's due.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The no longer so Great Britain when it comes to hockey was sunk by this kid, and now he got himself a story on NHL.com

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Bedard has been benched two games in a row for Canada, didn’t watch his game today but have seen most of the previous and I’m with the coach on this one. Same issues as the regular season, the argument that he needs to play with talent kind of holds up in that his goals in this tournament are almost entirely carried by high tier setups from his teammates. When the puck is on his stick, it’s not gone well, without the puck, it’s been ugly.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
JEE with two goals against Slovakia. Brodin was excellent in the game, highlighted by a nifty play at the blue line where he bounced the puck twice in the air to fool two Slovaks, then went tape to tape on a spin around backhand pass.

Granlund looking at a suspension for Cross checking a Swiss player in the neck. Totally out of character for him but brutal play.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Looks like Austria would have made the playoffs if they hadn't lost to Great Britain today.

That has to hurt after beating Finland and taking Canada to overtime.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Looks like Austria would have made the playoffs if they hadn't lost to Great Britain today.

That has to hurt after beating Finland and taking Canada to overtime.

Austria back on earth, losing to GB was unexpected.

Will be a tough QF for USA against the host country...come on Boldy!

Quarter-finals:

Canada - Slovakia
Sweden - Finland
Switzerland - Germany
USA - Czechia

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
A great game by all four of them when Sweden finished out Round Robin. Sweden scored in 20 of 21 periods and just let in 9 goals in 7 games.
USA scored the most goals with 37

Brodin assisted Ek on a shortie and Johansson got a nice chance to score another shortie. Brodin played with Dahlin and I thought he was really good. Gus looked calm and collected.
Ek and Johansson on the top line with Kempe

Ek 2 goals, 3 shots, +2, 18.06 TOI
Brodin 1 assist, 1 shot, +2, 18.25 TOI
Johansson 2 shots, +1, 16.14 TOI

Gus 17 saves, .944

Rossi 3 shots, -2, 20.51 TOI

Boldy 1+1, 3 shots, 17.03 TOI

Boldy leads the scoring race after round robin with 6+8 in 7 games
Ek is tied for 6th in goal scoring with 5 goals
Johansson leads the tournament in +/- with +11, 0 goals against.
Gus is second among goalies with .930% and 1.5 goals /game.

A Wild tournament so far.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Spacek also had two assists today against Canada, factored in on the tying goal to force OT. Though he was also on for the OT decider against.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
US game starts in under an hour, Sweden vs Finland at the same time but I don’t expect that one to be very competitive.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
US game starts in under an hour, Sweden vs Finland at the same time but I don’t expect that one to be very competitive.
Pretty sure the Finns going to win 1-0 in the shootout because why not.
They just love to crush all our hopes, and are still bitter towards their former overlords for centuries between 1200- 1800

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Congratulations to 57, his Swiss team cruising past Germany towards the semi vs Canada with superstar Fiala leading the way. Curious to know how he will approach the coming finale vs USA, will he still cheer for the red,white and blue or has the Swiss knife flattened that tire?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Congratulations to 57, his Swiss team cruising past Germany towards the semi vs Canada with superstar Fiala leading the way. Curious to know how he will approach the coming finale vs USA, will he still cheer for the red,white and blue or has the Swiss knife flattened that tire?
Further investigations have me going back to both Bohemia and the heart of the Roman Empire, so I might be losing the liederhosen and start shopping for a toga. Don't know where that leaves me as far as the WHC. I always like to root for the underdog...liked Latvia's run last year. Will also cheer for a team that has players that i like on them. That would be Sweden this year, USA a little bit, Austria, GBR.
I don't really take these things too seriously.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Sweden won in OT, a 4 on 3 PP. A Hedman shot at the stick of Ek, who was parked in front of the goalie. A classic Ek deflection, and a classic celebration afterwards.
His lovely punchable face with the widest of smiles. Now he's the hero of Sweden.

Gus had a great game, on the goal he let in Hedman had a brainfart and failed to take away the stick of Hannes Björninen (Hedman was just standing beside him) who was left all alone in front of Gus and redirected the puck into the net. Oh sorry, he was not alone, another Finn was standing right beside him. Nothing Gus could do on that one.

Ek GWG, 5 shots, -1 18.38 TOI
Johansson 3 shots, 17.08 TOI
Brodin 17.57 TOI

Gus 19 saves, .950%

Team USA lost to the Czechs on a fluke goal off a Spacek shot that bounced arond and hit the chest of Zacha and in. No goal scored for USA. Sorry for you all.

Boldy 6 shots, 22.41 TOI

Hynes chewed about 37 chewing gums during the game and spoke a lot about the "Identity" of the team afterwards.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Great defensive play by Hedman and the puck is high up in the net.
g60_223650_swe_fin_mz_0025.jpg

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Sweden won in OT, a 4 on 3 PP. A Hedman shot at the stick of Ek, who was parked in front of the goalie. A classic Ek deflection, and a classic celebration afterwards.
His lovely punchable face with the widest of smiles. Now he's the hero of Sweden.

Gus had a great game, on the goal he let in Hedman had a brainfart and failed to take away the stick of Hannes Björninen (Hedman was just standing beside him) who was left all alone in front of Gus and redirected the puck into the net. Oh sorry, he was not alone, another Finn was standing right beside him. Nothing Gus could do on that one.

Ek GWG, 5 shots, -1 18.38 TOI
Johansson 3 shots, 17.08 TOI
Brodin 17.57 TOI

Gus 19 saves, .950%

Team USA lost to the Czechs on a fluke goal off a Spacek shot that bounced arond and hit the chest of Zacha and in. No goal scored for USA. Sorry for you all.

Boldy 6 shots, 22.41 TOI

Hynes chewed about 37 chewing gums during the game and spoke a lot about the "Identity" of the team afterwards.
Unlike Lord Varys, Hynes's character is consistent. Give him that if you give him anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad