Line Combos: Your lines TOMORROW vs the Panthers

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I can't believe we play TOMORROW. I'm barely over the shock of last night.

This is what's coming at us
, at least to start. What is Monty countering with? Do a version with Peeke and without. I think Heinen is close, I imagine he's in either game 1 or 2.

I think they'll be happy to get Marchand's line on either line 1 or line 2 of the Panthers.

I think they might feel totally comfortable putting the Freddy/Brazeau line on Tkachuk when it arises.

Florida is gonna try to have Barkov on Pasta all series I imagine?

Right now I don't know where to put Heinen....Where do you slot him? Keep Geekie at C with Pasta and Zacha?

Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 8.40.33 AM.png

\
Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 8.40.42 AM.png

This is some of what Monty just tried

Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 8.48.59 AM.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I can't believe we play TOMORROW. I'm barely over the shock of last night.

This is what's coming at us, at least to start. What is Monty countering with? Do a version with Peeke and without. I think Heinen is close, I imagine he's in either game 1 or 2.

I think they'll be happy to get Marchand's line on either line 1 or line 2 of the Panthers.

I think they might feel totally comfortable putting the Freddy/Brazeau line on Tkachuk when it arises.

Florida is gonna try to have Barkov on Pasta all series I imagine?

Right now I don't know where to put Heinen....Where do you slot him? Keep Geekie at C with Pasta and Zacha?

View attachment 865231
\View attachment 865232

This is some of what Monty just tried

View attachment 865234
I don't know where you put Heinen (what is his injury?) but if he is ready he should play.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I don't know where you put Heinen (what is his injury?) but if he is ready he should play.

JVR's roster spot comes to mind for Heinen, if you believe Heinen is more mobile and defensively responsible.

Counter to that is how well the third line just gelled.

Realistically it can only be one of Beecher, Maroon or JVR. And they all seem to bring something we need.

Reactions: HustleB

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Btw I'm a no on Linus yet. Sway game 1. Then we see.
Yeah just would be too weird game 1.

He played G2 last series that is the game for him to come in either after a loss or if Sway lets in a bunch and it’s a 6-5 type game. Late in the series you’re going down with Swayman almost no matter what. Sneak in Ullmark 2 or 3 after a loss fine but anymore isn’t a good idea.

Swayman was superior vs Toronto than Thomas in 2011 vs Montreal. People are out of their minds suggesting benching him.

Reactions: Fair Warning

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
top 6 over Geekie IMO. I'd honestly consider giving Geekie a game off, haven't really loved his play.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Id just roll out the same lines, maybe with Heinen in for JVR.

Sways net until he faulters, but I could get behind splitting game 1 and 2 between them

Reactions: HustleB

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
All I'll add is Gryz better not see the ice this series unless due to injury. This isn't the team to play him against

Seems impossible he does any time soon without injuries. And the closer Peeke is to returning, the less likely we are of ever seeing Gryz skate for Boston again.

Reactions: NDiesel

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
He's not playing at all this year.

Also, why? We're not remotely lacking in grit. We need GOALS
I can already see the threads about the lack of grit coming next week. The Leafs are softer than a baby's bum, we now how the kittens tore through us last year, it will be a problem.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I can already see the threads about the lack of grit coming next week. The Leafs are softer than a baby's bum, we now how the kittens tore through us last year, it will be a problem.

Leafs actually played super physical. They had a pile of physical guys too between Benoit, Reaves, Domi, Bertuzzi etc.

I'm not even a little worried here with Maroon, Brazeau, hopefully Peeke. We have enough. Don't need a guy who hasn't played all year and isn't even able to play.

Reactions: HustleB and SPV

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Seems impossible he does any time soon without injuries. And the closer Peeke is to returning, the less likely we are of ever seeing Gryz skate for Boston again.

I would think against the Panthers Forbort is ahead of Gryz on the depth chart.

Peeke has to start as soon as he is ready. Playing Shatts is driving up the minutes for McAvoy. They've got 2 rookies on the ice, and still Shatts is barely playing and getting the most sheltered minutes possible when he does get on the ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad