Your preferred SCF match-up?

I want...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Oil-Rags

I hate the sunbelt.

Go watch WNBA, or whatever is more popular there than hockey.

IMG_8011.gif

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Edmonton vs NY Rangers.

My 2 favorite teams among the final 4, and I actually have been rooting for Oilers and predicted they'd win, so sticking to it.

I also think they'd make the most exciting matchup. Rangers becuse NY is such a big market and would be fun to see in the finals, and Edmonton because it'll be a lot of fun seeing all of McDavid, Draisaitl and Bouchard try to aim for individual records.

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
I really wanted the 1994 rematch to happen, but since that is not happening, I'm pulling for Edmonton-NYR. Would love to see Canada in the Final again, and I think Dallas would be a bigger threat to the Rangers than Edmonton.

Whatever the Final ends up being this year though, all 4 of the potential matchups will make for an incredible series.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I love the WNBA.
Not disparaging WNBA.

But in Canada hockey is still the clear cut #1 and its not even really close. And it's a shame that fanbases who really doesn't care nearly as much for it, get to watch their teams win year after year.

Only hypothetical equivalent I can think of, is if the Expos won a few World Series, and nobody in Montreal ever cared. But then every big-name Free Agent signed here, and the locals treated them like some obscure high-school team.

Outside of their admittedly smaller fanbases?
Those who don’t only follow/watch “their” team will watch.
People who like watching good hockey without letting silly beefs ruin their fun will also tune in.
Is anyone in Dallas even going to give 2-shits about the Stars with the Mavericks in the conference Finals?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I know which one of these would be the most chaotic and that is certainly Edmonton-New York.

Plus even though Edmonton isn’t an O6 team they still have a history and this feels like a very retro final. Dallas-Florida is so 2024.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Outside of their admittedly smaller fanbases?
Those who don’t only follow/watch “their” team will watch.
People who like watching good hockey without letting silly beefs ruin their fun will also tune in.
Some people will watch, sure, but the ratings would be many times worse than with a NYR-Edmonton final, that not only would have the biggest American market, but would also have a Canadian team that would at the very least get some hater-attention. Few people care about Stars or Panthers in comparison.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not disparaging WNBA.

But in Canada hockey is still the clear cut #1 and its not even really close. And it's a shame that fanbases who really doesn't care nearly as much for it, get to watch their teams win year after year.

Only hypothetical equivalent I can think of, is if the Expos won a few World Series, and nobody in Montreal ever cared. But then every big-name Free Agent signed here, and the locals treated them like some obscure high-school team.

Is anyone in Dallas even going to give 2-shits about the Stars with the Mavericks in the conference Finals?
Dallas is a pretty successful market.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Dallas is a pretty successful market.
relatively, yeah.

Dallas , Florida.

I prefer when teams who don't have much of a fanbase win it so you don't have to hear about it on and on and on and on , yeah i'm petty
lol same. But my team is in the mix so why not go all out with the loud toxic fanbases and have Edmonton in it too.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I voted Dallas NYR but I'd be okay with Dallas Florida.

It would be the 2nd straight final featuring two teams from the sunbelt and only the third one ever.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Some people will watch, sure, but the ratings would be many times worse than with a NYR-Edmonton final, that not only would have the biggest American market, but would also have a Canadian team that would at the very least get some hater-attention. Few people care about Stars or Panthers in comparison.
Yeah, but far from “the death of the league”, or whatever the silly phrase was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad