Your preferred SCF match-up?

I want...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Isn't that more or less what every away stadium has looked like throughout? Feels like every game I've watched in any series they've cut to shots of the other team's stadium packed to the gills with rabid fans.
I mean the news report shows "dozens" of fans at the watch party that had over 100 people.

Was there really a sold out Amerant Bank Arena at maximum capacity last week watching the away games?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Revenue for my team. Higher salary cap. Edmonton - New York.

Dallas - Florida gets almost as crappy ratings as last year and less revenue. No thanks.

Reactions: BB79

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
FLA-EDM....would love to see the Oilers shit on Tkachuck for a second time like they just did to Zad/Lindholm....also I kinda like the Panthers.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
The best hockey for me thank you. That's FLA vs. DAL.
Lucky for me that's very likely also going to happen.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I mean the news report shows "dozens" of fans at the watch party that had over 100 people.

Was there really a sold out Amerant Bank Arena at maximum capacity last week watching the away games?
No

They don’t have watch parties inside the arena (maybe outside somewhere, idk), because except for those right in Sunrise, getting to the arena for fans is a drive of varying lengths, and from various directions. They have watch parties at the new practice facility over in Ft Lauderdale, and smaller parties at bars/restaurants scattered around the area of Dade, Broward, southern Palm Beach counties

Last edited:

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Preferred matchup is Rangers (obv) and edm.

Star power, great offenses, popwerrplalys.

Shesty vs the german machine

The mcdavid guy

30 years for NyR winning.

Canada vs usa

Rangers vs knoblach who was their AHL coach this year.

So many stories, so intriguing.

If rangers dont get it then i still hope EDM makes it.

Reactions: zar and PuckG

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
DAL/FLA because I think it would be a great matchup the Stars would win but the Panthers would bring enough feistinesses and drama to keep it entertaining throughout.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Came to read about people's preferred matchups and all I see are people shitting on sunbelt teams smh

Oilers vs whoever is my preferred matchup. Otherwise Dallas NYR will be a real battle IMO

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I just want the Oilers to be there no matter who they have to play, but I think I would pick the Rangers just because of the teams history in the 90's. I watched so many former Oilers go to the Rangers and win the Cup in 94' and also coach there. I have always had a soft spot for the Rangers since Messier was traded there and Glen Sather was GM. I believe Sather even let the Oilers use the Rangers practice facility during their 2006 Cup run while they waited for the Cup finals to start. I usually cheered on the Rangers during the years the Oilers were not making the playoffs.

Reactions: aufheben

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I find most Canadians hate each fanbase in the NHL yet cling to the Rogers Sports Net Canada's team crap with the Blue Jays and Raptors, so I was curious.
Oh lol I 100% agree with your sentiment there.

I'm a Texas fan. Went to a game once with my dad (back when they had A-Rod) while I was along on a work trip he had in Dallas, and I was hooked. I also don't mind Minnesota, although I'm certainly in the minority of people here who consider them to be the local team.

Basketball could cease to exist tomorrow and I wouldn't notice.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Oilers vs Rangers would be a glorious final. Modern hockey's magnum opus. I can't stress enough how exciting that would be. Connor McDavid in his first cup final against an elite version of an original 6 team would really be something.

I've always had a soft spot for the Blue Shirts since the Jagr days and though I would still be very sad if my favorite team lost to them, some part of me would be happy for the Rangers and their fans.

Reactions: BB79

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I would just love to see the Oilers in the finals. The Panthers just seems a little more personal than the other eastern teams. Not really any players on the Rangers I dislike.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Dallas is a bit dull for a final and Im an Oilers fan so Edmonton and Florida would be my choice. Would love to see Kane make Tkachuk cower again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad