• Avalanche (AINEC)

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Avz

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
He's got the BSDS - Big Swinging D!ck Syndrome
There was a poster on this site many years ago who went by the name Note No Ugh Brewer. Who after the trade went to the Leafs board and told them that Kerfoots nickname on the Avs was Big Dick Kerfoot.

That poster got a warning for trolling.

At least that's what a friend who's been here for much longer than me told me.

Can we not say Dick here?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
There was a poster on this site many years ago who went by the name Note No Ugh Brewer. Who after the trade went to the Leafs board and told them that Kerfoots nickname on the Avs was Big Dick Kerfoot.

That poster got a warning for trolling.

At least that's what a friend who's been here for much longer than me told me.

Can we not say Dick here?
Lol f*** off NEB

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So I just got back from the game. What a rush.

Question: did the broadcast say anything about Hellebuyck? I swear, I did not see him on the bench for the third period, maybe it was just my angle but it looked like he wasn't there.
They pulled him for the 3rd. It was Brossoit, that’s all I know. Don’t think he was hurt or anything

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Just nuts that everyone pretty much sleepwalked through the regular season and was just able to flip the switch for game 1 except for Mikko.

This series isn’t over but this team is giving me 2022 vibes
It was one of those games, where every single Avs player was beating their man to the puck, was stronger on their sticks, were completing all the touch passes, were defensively sound and attacking aggressively when possible. They were able to basically play their game uncontested the entire second period.

Got to credit the Jets for pushing back in the third.

AvsRuleU

Oct 16, 2013
Colorado
Just nuts that everyone pretty much sleepwalked through the regular season and was just able to flip the switch for game 1 except for Mikko.

This series isn’t over but this team is giving me 2022 vibes

Genuinely curious how Mikko is such an elite player, can put up 100+ points a year but is nearly invisible most the time. It's so weird to me.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It was one of those games, where every single Avs player was beating their man to the puck, was stronger on their sticks, were completing all the touch passes, were defensively sound and attacking aggressively when possible. They were able to basically play their game uncontested the entire second period.

Was it a true pushback in the third, though? The Jets had only 7 scoring chances and 1 high danger chance the entire 3rd including their PPs. The Avs sitting back had 5 scoring chances and 1 high danger chance.

The Avs played a great defensive period.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

If you read the main board thread the Jets were dominating but the refs kept grabbing the puck and skating up the ice and throwing it into the Jets net.

Kinda like Makar did.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Wow. Watched this one while on the course ( shot 80) and wow I thought I was having a good day. Val just a man possessed this time of year. Maybe if he played the entire series last season the Avs get past the Kraken.

Cale Makar is in Conn Smythe form right now. I dont know whats gotten into him but hes playing like the 3rd best dman in the NHL right now.

Again, wasnt a fan of the goal George let in but he made some pretty big saves afterwards to make up for it. Also, Hellebuyc let in a similar goal to Makar so its whatever. Really good stuff from George. Seems like that Game 1 sparked something in him and that room.

I wasnt sure but did I see Kovalenko out there? I thought I did but wasnt sure if that was someone else.

Mittelstadt again with another Foppaesque pass. The guy has some soft soft hands.

That was a fun even if it was the final win of the season.

Nice win, took care of home ice. On to the next one.

Props to George another solid effort.

Only player that I didn't like was 96.
Took until the Conference finals that cup run for him to score a goal. Avs cant afford him to do that again. He really needs to figure his shit out. Ismo was right.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I still have the Jets winning this in 4
4 -1 Jets.........

Well, it's good to be wrong sometimes... lol

He gave up 2, 2 and 1 goal against in the last 3 games.

So is he good or it's the defense that plays better?
Defense is definitely playing better. Stepping up, blocking shots, clearing pucks, MOVING their feet.

Previously they were just happy to recover loose pucks via Georgiev rebounds or clears and start the offense.......

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Genuinely curious how Mikko is such an elite player, can put up 100+ points a year but is nearly invisible most the time. It's so weird to me.
He's as "clumsy as a dancing bear". (old German expression my mother used to say.... only in german.)

"Two left feet?" "He still growing into his body?"

Rants' fall down along the boards just before Nuke scored #3 was classic Chevy Chase/Gerald Ford/Rantanen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $40.00