Prospect Info: 156th overall: Vancouver selects Arturs Silovs (Goalie, Latvia ---> Barrie Colts)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Still shocking to me how little respect the Oilers have for Silovs. He's handing them an 'empty lunch baq' in every game, yet all Drasaitl can talk about is the posts they hit behind him.

If there's any such thing as 'hockey justice', Silovs will continue to clean their clocks right to the bitter end of this series.

Reactions: Kalv

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Still shocking to me how little respect the Oilers have for Silovs. He's handing them an 'empty lunch baq' in every game, yet all Drasaitl can talk about is the posts they hit behind him.

If there's any such thing as 'hockey justice', Silovs will continue to clean their clocks right to the bitter end of this series.

They can not respect him all they want so long as we keep winning.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
silovs was phenomenal yesterday. having the balls to beat kane out for that puck is exactly the kind of insanity you want to see from your goalie.

John Garrett broke that play down really nicely on Donnie and Dhali. Immediately got his edges, shoulder checked, and headed back to the net. Didn’t just slide completely out of position in desperation to make the play. Very heady stuff.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I simply haven't watched Silovs enough in Abbotsford or the few games he's played for the Canucks to know....and I'm no goalie expert. But is this who he is? Or is he just one of those 'zones' that goalies get into at times?

I mean some of the saves he's pulling off are of the stunning variety. He just never give up an a shot and he's like a dog on a bone when the puck is in the crease. And the Canucks would be teetering on brink of elimination right now but of his brilliance in the crease.

But is this level of play we might expect from him from now on, or does he come crashing back to earth next season?

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Counting chickens before they hatch here but hear me out.
5th round pick turning into potential nhl starter is f***ing insane.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Bruce Boudreau was just on with Donnie and Dhali, and said that all the time he coached the Canucks, Clark used to rave about Silovs.

His opinion never changed despite being buried on the Canucks depth chart and actually toiling in the ECHL or a 10-game stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00