Pre-Game Talk: 2018 NHL Playoffs Round 1: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (WC2) New Jersey Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I predict Devils in 6 unfortunately.

We've limped into the playoffs and never looked good against them in the regular season. I know that's not necessarily a predictor for playoffs, but I just have a bad feeling.

Hope I'm wrong, I'll be there tomorrow night. Just haven't decided what jersey I'm gonna rock. Might go with the Ciccone.
All depends on which Lightning team shows up imo.

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So Hedmans playing 35 minutes a night right? Playoff Hedman is an absolute beast.

Stralman-McDonagh 2nd pair playing the other 25 minutes. (sprinkle in Serg-Coburn a few shifts as well)

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I just hope that we get hungry, chip on their shoulder Bolts. Jersey is going to take us 6 or 7 guaranteed because of the complacency.

We need Playoff TJ, Playoff Killer, and Extra Flavour Double Bubble for Coop.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
So Hedmans playing 35 minutes a night right? Playoff Hedman is an absolute beast.

Stralman-McDonagh 2nd pair playing the other 25 minutes. (sprinkle in Serg-Coburn a few shifts as well)
That means 35 mins of Girardi. That's gonna be a no from me dawg. Give Sergy some shifts with the big boys.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I write an exam at 4pm, running back home for the game, and then writing another exam the next day.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Seriously, Devils have beat us twice in the playoffs, owned us 3-0 in the regular season, and really have owned us for the last like 10 years. We can't beat the Devils. We are incapable with an injury prone Captain. 4-0 or 4-1 Devils. With Multiple blowouts for them. Prove me wrong.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
What's with this "we" ****?

You one of those, can’t be a fan of more than one team, guys? Sorry I’ll pretend I haven’t been going to games since before most people on here even followed the team, I’ll ignore the fact I was at game 7 of the 04 cup, I’ll ignore the fact I’ve had season tickets since the Thunderdome (that’s where they used to play chief) and I’ll even pretend I haven’t missed but a handful of regular season and no playoff games since the first playoff series they were in (it was against the Flyers fyi.)

Glad the expert, who probably like most current fans doesn’t know players before Stamkos, is here to criticize me using we.

Dick.

Reactions: Stamper

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I think we beat the devils, but in their defense - they can’t be worse than philly.

Tampa should win the series, but one thing you're NOT going to see from the Devils is that gutless lack of "effort" last night by Philly once it was clear the game was over, which allowed the score to get to 7-0.

Devils could be losing by 3 goals with 2 minutes left and they'll still play like it's a tied game.

Reactions: New Jersey

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Whats with the Doom and Gloom. The Devils are young, inexperinced and have a horrible D group. Yes they will bring effort and intensity, but every team does in the playoffs.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Whats with the Doom and Gloom. The Devils are young, inexperinced and have a horrible D group. Yes they will bring effort and intensity, but every team does in the playoffs.

It's a coping mechanism for losing. So if we lose, they can say WELL I ALREADY SAID WE WOULD LOSE, I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN (Copy and paste the bolded for when we lose tonight)

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Long shot, but is anyone looking for a single for Game 2 on Saturday? I have a single four rows behind the visitors bench right next to the tunnel that I'll sell for face value. PM me if interested.

Best of luck this series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad