Jan 7, 2007
Houston, Texas
8pr1e9.jpg
This aged well....
:naughty:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Meh, I think Landy would play if they would clear him, even if he knew it would be a losing affair. I think he'd prefer to finish the season with the boys on the ice and to be honest, he'd probably like to do it to give the fans a glimmer of hope heading into the summer as well.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
The whole optics of Landy doing these things now is only a good thing. Selling the boys on SOME hope that he can be there in the finals... That roughly 3ish weeks from now. Its possible.

Avs need something to grasp on to right now, even if its the thinnest of threads.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I wish I could believe that they didn't lie about Toews being sick instead of having a concussion, but the sad fact is they've been caught lying about injuries multiple times now, including saying someone is sick when they're not, and they've also allowed multiple players to come back in games after a big hit to the head, said they were fine afterwards, and had it turn out to be a concussion afterwards.

This team is on the verge of becoming the Philly of this generation with concussions, because they don't seem to take them very serously.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I wish I could believe that they didn't lie about Toews being sick instead of having a concussion, but the sad fact is they've been caught lying about injuries multiple times now, including saying someone is sick when they're not, and they've also allowed multiple players to come back in games after a big hit to the head, said they were fine afterwards, and had it turn out to be a concussion afterwards.

This team is on the verge of becoming the Philly of this generation with concussions, because they don't seem to take them very serously.
I can't excuse them for lying, but as far as allowing someone to come back in a game, that's on the concussion protocols. Symptoms can often take hours to show up.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
The guys are being pulled on hits by league spotters, not team doctors.

If you want to cast blame on the leagues policy, do so, but this is not the Avs doctors sending guys back out there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The guys are being pulled on hits by league spotters, not team doctors.

If you want to cast blame on the leagues policy, do so, but this is not the Avs doctors sending guys back out there.

Players are pulled by spotters, the evaluation is done by the team's training staff. The spotters have no role in allowing the player back. It absolutely would be the Avs' docs sending them back out there. Given how the Avs treated the last doc, the docs have a vested interest in doing what the team wants.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

Yeah, how long was Byram gone after he was allowed to come back that one game?

On top of that, what grinds my gears so much is that in a league that only punishes results and not intent, why the hell aren't they gaming that to get guys like Benn suspended for headshots? Especially in the playoffs?

Reactions: MarkT

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Players are pulled by spotters, the evaluation is done by the team's training staff. The spotters have no role in allowing the player back. It absolutely would be the Avs' docs sending them back out there. Given how the Avs treated the last doc, the docs have a vested interest in doing what the team wants.
To be clear though, didn't the last team doc quit because of what they asked him to do. I thought it was his decision the whole way to leave, which I vaguely remembering respecting at the time.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Yeah, how long was Byram gone after he was allowed to come back that one game?

On top of that, what grinds my gears so much is that in a league that only punishes results and not intent, why the hell aren't they gaming that to get guys like Benn suspended for headshots? Especially in the playoffs?
It was a pretty clean hit by Benn on Toews. If that bloke would have been Sammy's size then it would be headshot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad