Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He is Russian and represents Russia on the world stage.
He's so Russian that the Russians in New York and Colorado don't hang out with him at all. And he lives his offseasons in Finland.

Soviet Union and Russian Federation have been pretty generous with their passports. If you want to call him a Russian, it's fine. But I can bet you that other Russians don't see it the same way necessarily.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He's so Russian that the Russians in New York and Colorado don't hang out with him at all. And he lives his offseasons in Finland.

Soviet Union and Russian Federation have been pretty generous with their passports.
Not all Russians like each other… he grew up and developed through Russia, he’s a Russian citizen, and represents Russia on the world stage.

Big Z will always be Russian even though he will probably never step foot back in the country and spends his offseasons in Miami.

Reactions: missionAvs

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Not all Russians like each other… he grew up and developed through Russia, he’s a Russian citizen, and represents Russia on the world stage.

Big Z will always be Russian even though he will probably never step foot back in the country and spends his offseasons in Miami.
My dude, come on....

You KNOW the rule: You cannot mention "Big Z" without immediately mentioning that he's "Only 23!"

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Soviet Union and Russian Federation have been pretty generous with their passports. If you want to call him a Russian, it's fine. But I can bet you that other Russians don't see it the same way necessarily.
You say that as if every American hangs out together.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

Doesn't sound like he's Russian anymore.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Honestly people from other countries gravitate towards each other more than Americans. Americans are probably the weird ones.

Doesn't sound like he's Russian anymore.
There is nothing more Russian than escaping the hell hole of Russia to live in Miami.

pont

Jul 1, 2019
For what its worth, I watched the presser with Bednar after the game. On Trenin he indicated that they will know more this morning based upon how his body reacts. He inferred it may not be a big deal and may or may not play the next game. No mention of trainers were made so that was somewhat refreshing.

I am not quoting what he said, but simply what I got out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mighty Makar

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Russians in the NHL (or frankly just outside Russia in general) are usually a pretty tight community. I'm just telling you, to other Russians he's just a half Russian. And the other half is not even from a historically Russian/Soviet nation, but Bulgaria.

You can call him Russian if you want, it's factually correct and he probably feels mostly Russian himself having grown up there. But he's not that for the other Russians in the NHL. And this is usually why I don't like to lump him in the same group as the rest of the Russians in the NHL.

Honestly people from other countries gravitate towards each other more than Americans. Americans are probably the weird ones.
I mean it doesn't really take a degree in history or geographics to figure out why :laugh:

Reactions: henchman21

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

There is nothing more Russian than escaping the hell hole of Russia to live in Miami.
Miami is basically the Mecca for Russians that think Putin sucks. Doesn't Panarin also live in Miami?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
For what its worth, I watched the presser with Bednar after the game. On Trenin he indicated that they will know more this morning based upon how his body reacts. He inferred it may not be a big deal and may or may not play the next game. No mention of trainers were made so that was somewhat refreshing.

All this tells me is that Bednar has found a new way to say "I don't know, I haven't talked to the trainers yet"

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Looks like a whole lot of nothing. Could he have pulled or strained something on the drawn?
Looks like he falls on his left arm, and then tries not using it in his burst up the ice. Maybe messed up his shoulder or something?

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.41.54 PM.png

Golden Foppa

Nov 13, 2002
Littleton, CO

The best part of Bednar's presser was when he tried to play it cool and say he doesn't look around the arena but started smiling and laughing making it obvious that he knew what they were talking about when they asked him if he saw the guy dressed like him.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

hell hole of Russia ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad