Injury Report: 2023-24 Injuries Thread | LTIR: Brown, Sergachev | DTD: Johansson, Motte

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
What are the LTIR options here? Does this really give us cap to try to sign a goalie or double down on offense with some like like Kane?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
What are the LTIR options here? Does this really give us cap to try to sign a goalie or double down on offense with some like like Kane?
The injury isn't long enough to capitalize on using his cap relief, but we can not go into the season with Tomkins or Johannson as a starter. Need a stop gap that can at least win 10-12 games out of the 20-25 he is going to miss

Reactions: Summer Rose

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Seriously wtf. I hope this issue that required a surgery and 2 to 2 and a half months off(and it wouldn't be that surprising if they take longer) just came up, as if thjs was known for most of the offseason and not addressed, it's even worse. This is about as crippling as it gets considering the division Tampa is in, as they are looking at a minimum of 20 games without him, and possibly as many as 27 or 28. Unless they go out and find or.trade for someone, this season could be lost.
iu

• Haha
Reactions: DistantThunderRep

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Erik E just stated that lightning most likely going in the season with JJ and Tompkins as tandem. Good thing Tompkins looked solid last night. Ltir is an option but apparently they are hoping they won’t have to go that route.

Reactions: Summer Rose

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Erik E just stated that lightning most likely going in the season with JJ and Tompkins as tandem. Good thing Tompkins looked solid last night. Ltir is an option but apparently they are hoping they won’t have to go that route.
f***.

If they can go .500 over the time Vasy is out, that should be enough for us to get into the playoffs by the time he comes back

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Vancouver has waived Spencer Martin. 1 year left at $762,500. He’s 28 years old and had a terrible season last year. Perfect, right?

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
f***.

If they can go .500 over the time Vasy is out, that should be enough for us to get into the playoffs by the time he comes back
If he misses 25-30 games, which seems likely, and Tampa can.have 25-30 points overall at that point(given who they seem to be going with at G, probabaly an optimistic result), they'll have a chance, but with very little.room.for error. Any of their usual 2nd half slumps, and there will be no playoffs.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Honestly we should hold him out for as long as it takes to make sure hes 100% in the playoffs. Because if hes not close to 100, we are pretty much fxxxed anyway.

I'd rather try to win without him in December than in May
Absolutely agree 100 percent. Contrary to what some believe, one's health is far more important than any job.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Crap we don’t even have a serviceable starter. I caught shit all summer because I did not agree with the oath JBB has taken this team. I didn’t think the injuries would start preseason but here we are. We are still going to see some of the big guys miss time thru the season.

On top of it all back surgery and hockey is never a positive. At bay the Big Cat will not be as flexible and effective. At worst his career is over. Do not believe this return projection. Steve Sullivan was my favorite player a while back. He twerked his back trying to stay inside one night and was day to day for what seemed like a year. Finally had surgery took most of a year to get back on the ice and was never the same finally hung them up after a poor stint in Arizona. There have been loads of players that just did not make it back.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoek

Silver Tuna

Easy on the Pepsi!!
Jun 4, 2011
Georgetown, ON
Honestly we should hold him out for as long as it takes to make sure hes 100% in the playoffs. Because if hes not close to 100, we are pretty much fxxxed anyway.

I'd rather try to win without him in December than in May
But like.... so much this. Nothing would be worse than him being back to action at 95% or less and effecting the entire season.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
On top of it all back surgery and hockey is never a positive. At bay the Big Cat will not be as flexible and effective. At worst his career is over. Do not believe this return projection. Steve Sullivan was my favorite player a while back. He twerked his back trying to stay inside one night and was day to day for what seemed like a year. Finally had surgery took most of a year to get back on the ice and was never the same finally hung them up after a poor stint in Arizona. There have been loads of players that just did not make it back.
lmao, cmon. this is a minimally invasive procedure *spots username* oh. nevermind

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
lmao, cmon. this is a minimally invasive procedure *spots username* oh. nevermind
Depending on the severity of the herniation, quite possible that he’s never back to his former self.

I had this exact same surgery done, and your back is never the same. Granted, I am not an elite athlete, but it fundamentally changes how your back operates.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Depending on the severity of the herniation, quite possible that he’s never back to his former self.

I had this exact same surgery done, and your back is never the same. Granted, I am not an elite athlete, but it fundamentally changes how your back operates.
thanks internet stranger, i will defer to the actual medical journals instead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad